OXID Forum

Is this Forum actually open-scource? If yes, which one.

Just as info. ePages includes now in its shopsoftware a forum.

What is nice is, that you can use the same user registration …

Well this forum seams to be a drupal based one.

If you want to have a open source one, the best php os- forum software is shure phpBB i think.

You shoul devide your shop with wich you make mony from community! And it is truky hard to build community, would you be interestret to discuss about the stuff you bought somewhere?

Nomaly the community exists first then get mointari… make mony with them.

Pushing OXID Shopuser to other software is quite hard, the password encryption isn´t as simple as only hash/ md5 it…

Me as a use want to have diffent logins for things connectet with payment and community stuff.

@ Carolin: how do you solve that?Do you have mapping between your phpBB and OXID?

Greetings

Magnus

We haven’t integrated phpBB and Oxid.

The reason is: on our community sites users can use anonymous nicks. For registration only a valid e-mailaddress is necessary. In our shops they use their realnames, address etc.

I think it isn’t a good idea for a community to force people to give their names, address and so on.

But you’re right. It’s very hard to build up a community based on a shop. We first had the community about two years and after two years we’ve got our shop.

Best regards,

Carolin