Importing Articles

Hi,

I’ve not found an instruction of how to import articles in OXID Community, starting with an CSS-File. When I do this through myadmin, is there only one table to be considered?

And do I get it right, that there are plugins for this, but all of them do cost something?

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

depends on how complex your data are. If you just have a flat file of pure product items like csv, you can upload it via the generic admin tool. During the upload, you’ll be asked for referring fields.
If you have more complex data, you might either want to directly import them via the database (if you know what you do) or use one of the modules available.

Regards

What modules are available in English for batch upload complete articles with the picts?

Thanks a lot

I mean using an excel sheet or something like that…

Hi Ferni,

have a look at the section data migration in OXID eXchange:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange/eshop/category/Data+migration

What I would do is to send all of them an e-mail in English :wink:

Regards

MArco:

Thanks a lot. BTW. I have installed the Community edition 4.5 and I cannot find the Look and Feel tab in the admin. Is that reserved for the professional version? I
Cheers
Ferni

Hi,

[QUOTE=Ferni;60101]BTW. I have installed the Community edition 4.5 and I cannot find the Look and Feel tab in the admin. Is that reserved for the professional version? I
[/QUOTE]

No. We completely ditched it. Especially implementation partners had problems when their clients used this tool. Much better to get used to CSS a bit and work with Firebug or similar tools :wink:

Regards

JUst a question, Marco.

What is the real difference between the community edition and the Pro one? I have read the documentation and, apart from the text editor, I haven´t found anything…

I am considering to build dmy site with OXID but I am a bit puzzled with that…

Thankss, man

Hi,

Actually, from a technical view, there is no difference except of the WYSIWYG editor (which can’t be used under GPL) and some licensing stuff.
For the pro version you can get OXID support and warranty. Also, we don’t sell our generic SOAP ERP interface for CE.

Regards