Tmp folder

Hello,

I have a problem with the tmp folder. It becomes very big in time and we get big invoices for the server when we exceed our limits. On another eshop the tmp folder is normal. What’s the problem?

Many thanks

Hi,

are both shops running on the same webserver? I reckon the server has no right to delete the cached files…

Regards

Hi,

no, servers are different. So what would be the solution?

Thanks,
Donatas

Hi Donatas,

depends on your package. Either you have to ask your server provider or you have root access. If you have root access, you could try the following:

$ chmod -R 0777 tmp

Regards

But i see in FTP that tmp folder is 0777

[QUOTE=BaliuxXx;47172]But i see in FTP that tmp folder is 0777[/QUOTE]
Right. The trick is to set it recursive to all files and subfolders.

Regards

Hi,

server providers saying that the problem is not there and you must write script or something which deletes tmp files.

Could it be true?

Hi,

don’t think so as usually the Smarty cache (tmp folder) is cleared automatically after a specific life time. Although I obviously run the wrong way with the permission thing (sorry), I still think it’s kind of a server settings or even OS behaviour.
Have you already googled for stuff like “smarty cache lifetime” or similar? Some pretty interesting things come up there… Would be glad if you would share your experience. Sorry if I have to fail at this point.

Regards

Hi,

thanks for all you answers. What I did, is wrote a little ~10 lines php script, which is runing by cron time by time. The script deletes tmp folder’s content. It seems to be working for me, will look what will be in the future.

Thanks,
Donatas

and sorry for my english :slight_smile: