Problem with help (ico_help.gif) in CE 4.4.5_31315

Hi!
I have just installed the Version 4.4.5_31315 of the CE Edition.
In the admin area there are a lot of little helpers (ico_help.gif) to explain the functionality of selection boxes etc…

In my case the mous over (or cklick) on this “?” graphic does nothing - so no help is shown.
Anyone has seen this before?

It look like for some reason the .helpPanelText (from the css) is not set to visible…

Any idea what i can do?

Hi lounger,

I guess something went wrong with your FTP transfer, maybe one or more files are corrupted so expect more “voodoo” in your installation :slight_smile:
The best would be to install it again if you still run the original version. Take care you strictly upload in explicit binary mode. After you’ve done, you may want to check with another little helper called “oxcheckversion”. You can download it here:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange/extensions/oxchkversion

Regards

Hi Marco,
thanks for your fast reply.
I did a run of the oxchkversion file (basicly this is a fresh installation) with some modified files:

out/admin/tpl/headitem.tpl Modified (details)
out/basic/tpl/details_persparam.tpl Version mismatch (details)
out/basic/tpl/err_expired_days.tpl Version mismatch (details)
out/basic/tpl/err_mandates_exceeded.tpl Version mismatch (details)
out/basic/tpl/err_overloaded_articles.tpl Version mismatch (details)
out/basic/tpl/err_unlicensed.tpl Version mismatch (details)

I just uploaded the file out/admin/tpl/headitem.tpl again and now it works fine again.

Thanks!

Hi,

[QUOTE=lounger;47241]I just uploaded the file out/admin/tpl/headitem.tpl again and now it works fine again.[/QUOTE]

Perfect, this is how it shall work!

Concerning the modified template files: I reckon you already worked on the design of the shop. Have you found this tutorial already?

Referring to it, it is highly recommended to move the template files you altered to a custom template folder to bestow a smooth next update.

Regards!

Hi Marco,
thanks for the tip!

So i will move the template files from out/basic to out/mytemplate … correct?

And since i changed this 2 files i also got another vodoo thing … if i save changes in text using the the administration backend “cms pages” (impressum in this case) the save button does not work anymore -.-

Maybe the implementation of the wysiwyg editor in the admin interface for editing text has something to do with this?

Any hint for me :slight_smile: ?

update: It is the file “headitem.tpl” in out/admin/tpl.

A. Using the one from tiny mce -> the “?” function for help is not working
B. Using the original one -> tiny mce is not working (save button from tiny mce and oxid do not save changes in text)

Any suggestions how i can get both working :slight_smile: ?

Hi,

[QUOTE=lounger;47278]So i will move the template files from out/basic to out/mytemplate … correct?[/QUOTE]

You just move the changed templates to /out/yourtemplate/. Don’t forget to declare it in config.inc.php

[QUOTE=lounger;47278]Maybe the implementation of the wysiwyg editor in the admin interface for editing text has something to do with this?[/QUOTE]

No idea what you did but take care with TinyMCE. Maybe it’s safer to use FCKeditor.

Regards

Cool. This post just saved me some painful debugging. Forgot that headitem.tpl was overwritten by TinyMCE and I also experienced the loss of help pop-ups.

For those still using TinyMCE, the problem is that the new headitem.tpl file is missing some <script> tags at the beginning of the file that load the .js files needed for the help pop-ups. If you still want to use TinyMCE, can probably just copy those script lines over from the old headitem.tpl file.

I, however, found that TinyMCE had too many issue handling smarty tags and would sometimes convert smarty content into garbage, even in plain HTML mode. Have had better luck with FCKeditor. It too still misinterprets some smarty content, but less so than TinyMCE.