Managing stock by few variants

Hello,
I am new here and maybe I have missed some options in administration of OXID.
But generally what problem I am facing is that I cannot manage stock of products which have few selections.
For example: I have clothes shop. Each product has color and size and right now I am doing only different variants. And I have huge dropboxes (which seems not logic to me).
Variants:
Test T-shirt blue | S
Test T-shirt blue | M
Test T-shirt blue | L
Test T-shirt green| S
Test T-shirt yellow | S
Test T-shirt yellow | M
Test T-shirt yellow | XL
Test T-shirt black | M
Test T-shirt black | XL
What I would like to have is dropbox of variants by color:
Variants:
Test T-shirt blue
Test T-shirt green
Test T-shirt yellow
Test T-shirt black
And that stock would be managed by selections ( for this example size for each variant),
because I have:
Test T-shirt blue | S 5 units
Test T-shirt blue | M 2 units
Test T-shirt blue | L 1 unit
Test T-shirt green| S 3 units
Test T-shirt yellow | S 10 units
Test T-shirt yellow | M 9 units
Test T-shirt yellow | XL 5 units
Test T-shirt black | M 6 units
Test T-shirt black | XL 4 units

I would be very thankful if anyone could suggest the way this could be done and please think about efficient administration :slight_smile:

sounds like a job for (tatatataaaa): Multi-Dimensional-Variants! :slight_smile:

No, seriously, you can manage more than one dimension for your products - e.g. size [U]and[/U] colour of your Shirts.

Here is a link for an example from the manual, unfortunately written in german language. Maybe the “google translate” link at the top left corner can help?

[edit]
found the english version!
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/help-faq/eshop-manual/creating-multidimensional-variants
[/edit]

I have already seen this, but the problem is that I get 15 variants for example (5colors and 3sizes) when actually there should be only 5 variants (by color).

As I do not need the variants in my shop, I did not work with those.

I know that variants and multiple variants are discussed often in german forum. Someone could help here?

Hi,

right. At the end of the day it’s a question of displaying the variants and this is business dependent. With the standard installation you will have the choice of showing up 15 (or even much more) MD variants in a list. Another option would be to display it as kind of a table or as shown above but I am afraid, changes at least in the templates or in the views (module) would become neccessary.

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;48633]Hi,

right. At the end of the day it’s a question of displaying the variants and this is business dependent. With the standard installation you will have the choice of showing up 15 (or even much more) MD variants in a list. Another option would be to display it as kind of a table or as shown above but I am afraid, changes at least in the templates or in the views (module) would become neccessary.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answer.
Where I could find module or template files for displayinmg variants?

P.s. I am looking for menu template files too :slight_smile:

Hi,

[QUOTE=minijus;48664]Where I could find module or template files for displayinmg variants?

P.s. I am looking for menu template files too :)[/QUOTE]

You will find all templates in the /out/ folder of your shop. Please read this tutorial about the override system carefully before touching anything.

On the tutorial page, you will also find a template overview like this:
http://www.boxyton.de/oxiddemodebug/

Regards