USA Language Needed

How come this site, and everybody that speaks here, is in perfect english but OXID Community Ed is not. I’m in the USA and I can’t find anywhere to put my state as in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas etc. I want my customer to be able to choose what state they are in when they sign up.

Right now my main page is a mess. No USD (United States Dollar) Currency with a “$” sign can be found anywhere, and everythings in german or some other language. I need my site and everything about it to be in plain english, to be specific, United States English, with the choice of United States dollar, so both me and my customers will be able to understand, and use it to shop effectively.

If it wasn’t for google robots searching the web for links and keywords related to my site, I would post my site address up here for everybody to see the main page, and try to help me out, but I don’t want my conversations here, negative or positive, to be public domain, and impact the reputation of my company. So i can’t mention my site.

A little help from either a british or United States english native would be appreciated.

Here are my questions:

How do I change the main language of all of the buttons, links, shortcuts at the bottom of the page,and title, and everything else to english?

How do I implement an about Us page, and a contact Us page on my site?

How do I allow the user to imput there state if located in the USA?

Hi,

default setting are german, but you may configure them:

for adding diffent currency: insert USD@ 1.00@ ,@ .@ $@ 2 in admin >> master-settings >> other settings

Set Default Language to enlish in admin >> master-settings >> language (set to 1)

You may alter all text in language files or cms-sites…

Greeting
Magnus

I need somebody to overhaul the whole OXID shopping cart files in english, and make it more friendly for people who want to run a USA based bussiness. That’s all I’m asking for: is a USA english default shopping cart front-end and the following added features:

default values, and prompts in admin panel all in english

a way to easily put your store logo banner at the top of the site where it says OXID eshop community Ed…etc…

a easy intergration of Alertpay, and Paypal simutaneously for buyers to choose from.

a field to put the state you reside in for USA residents.

and change passwort to password

Hi James,

correct, version 4 currently can’t be really used for the US market. We implemented all necessery customizations for US for the PE 3.0 version, and shortly will talk with the OXID CEO what is the best option to also make version 4 useable for US clients.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks alot. you guys are so great!! I have a feeling this will be one awesome product!

I think the conecpt of having a state/county filed serviced by a dropdown again a country should be registered as a feature request as a first step as this is usefull for a couple of other countries as well, i.e. UK and IRE were there is usually a reference to a county. In the second step the tax system should be epanded to allow special taxes against a state/county although this will propably only be required for the US market.

-.> Rico