OXAMOUNTTO - is it really needed?

Hello,
I would like to start a discussion if the field OXAMOUNTTO in oxprice2article is really needed.
What reason can there be to set up a scale price setup like:
1-10 -> 10EUR
11-20 -> 8EUR

A customer who buys 21 pc. then would have to pay 10EUR.

Or doesn anyone use scale prices with gaps like:
1-10 -> 10EUR
11-20 -> 8EUR
25-9999999 -> 6EUR

Now a customer who buys 21 pc again would have to pay 10EUR.

In my eyes the field OXAMOUNT would be sufficient…

Martin

Hi Martin,

what would be a significant advantage of getting rid of this field? :wink:

Regards

@marco: That i you set just one field, ALL ammounts ABOVE that will have the cheaper price. That could reduces trouble with customers and reduces problems on entering those informations.

Joscha

Hi,

i still think taht behavior to get the lower price is ok if you dont set another one. But i still think it is a bug that you can not chose a higher price.

e.g.
1-3 pc Price 10€
3-999999 piece is 15€.

This really want to have the higher price if the customer buys more than 3pc. I chose this manuelly and i want to to be so, but my shop doest care :eek:

Hi,

oh - I see. Thought it is about programming semantics…
In case it feels like a bug, just enter it to the bug tracker. You just explain the behaviour. Alright? :wink:

Regards

Hi Marco,
omitting this filed would make it easier to write a module that only shows / uses the first n entries of scaleprices under certain conditions (e.g. unregistered user).
Example:
1-10 -> 10EUR
11-20 -> 8EUR
21-999999 -> 6EUR
Now I want only the first 2 lines for unregistered users.
If a user adds 22 pieces to the basket that would result in 10EUR p.p. if I only limit the SQL query in oxarticle::_getAmountPriceList.
Currently I would have to modify OXAMOUNTTO of the last scale price in this function.
Not too bad but it lead me to the general question “What is OXAMOUNTTO good for?”

(I know this is actually becoming a topic for the dev’s forum…)

Regards,
Martin

Hi again,
I just checked:
1-9999999 -> 10EUR
11-9999999 -> 8EUR
25-9999999 -> 6EUR
also seems to be working fine.
This would make it much easier to write this module.
Or am I missing something if I set the scale prices as described above?

Regards,
Martin