Installation Error 4.4.6

Hello all,
I’m new to oxid. I will have my first e-commerce project and after researching a while watching demos testing and so on i decided to install and test oxid community, cause seems it’s the only open source that fits my needs. I’m runnign localhost on my winXP with wamp 2.1(PHP - 5.3.5, Mysql-5.5.8, Apache -2.2.17). Seems I have overcome the first error where it was due to mysql incompatability(TYPE changed to ENGINE, timestamp(14) changed to type timestamp.). I now get some php error. Seems like it can’t fin’d the field and canot’s finish setup. Any help would we greateful. Here is the error

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ’ in C:\wamp\www\oxid\setup\oxsetup.php on line 673
( ! ) Exception: ERROR: Issue while inserting this SQL statements: ( insert into oxconfig (oxid, oxshopid, oxvarname, oxvartype, oxvarvalue) values(‘0a3290d91135a07596a0ca30cb8c0fdf’, ‘oxbaseshop’, ‘blLoadDynContents’, ‘bool’, ENCODE( ‘false’, ‘fq45QS09_fqyx09239QQ’)) ): Unknown column ‘oxvartype’ in ‘field list’ in C:\wamp\www\oxid\setup\oxsetup.php on line 673

Hello Harko,

I am not pretty sure but it looks like you stuck at another error with MySQL 5.5.8. If you just want to test OXID maybe it’s the best idea to check out the VMware appliance we prepared here:

There is another webserver stack to be found on this page (runs from any directory, even from your USB drive on Windows):
http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Downloads/USBwebserver

Regards

Hello Marco,
Well yes it’s Mysql error i was able to install it on another mashine with lower mysql version. Just wondering why is that so sensitive to mysql version. What if I install it on the web host that now has version that fits oxid needs and some day they make an upgrade.
Thanks for help.

Hi Harko,

[QUOTE=Harko;51415]What if I install it on the web host that now has version that fits oxid needs and some day they make an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

No probs mate, that’s why we have a bugtracker :wink:
https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=2547

Apparently, a lot has been changed with MySQL 5.5.x, hasn’t it?

Regards

Hello again,
I would say since 5.5.x to much has been changed:)
So far my testing environment is working fine, seems the application is about to fit my needs.
Nice help!