Variants vs. Multiple categories vs. SEO

Hello,

problem in OXID CE 4.4.8:

1. A product with variants is assigned to the first category. Everything is fine, I can manage URLs for all variants in admin.

2. The same product is assigned to the second category (= it’s assigned to 2 different categories now). New rows were generated in OXSEO table, but I can’t manage those URL’s in admin. I still can see just the first category in “Active category/vendor” select box.

Is it normal or is it a bug please?

It’s not a big deal anyway, I still can edit those URL directly in the database :rolleyes:

Thanks.

[QUOTE=dominiks;54289]
It’s not a big deal anyway, I still can edit those URL directly in the database :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Hehe… in my dreams maybe. If I modify such URL directly in database, it doesn’t work at all…

It looks like only autogenerated URLs are working for those variants (inside a category other that default category for parent product).

Anyway… I think there should be just one URL for specific product regardless of number of assigned categories… Doesn’t Google even penalize sites with duplicate content (i.e. more URLs pointing to the same article) ?

:rolleyes:

afaik there is the canonical url used by Oxid to prevent double content and the downrating by Google

but I´m sorry - I have no idea to solve your actual problem

Hi,

it is about canonical tags, to be honest :wink:

Regards

Thanks guys for the answers, I didn’t know OXID can manage canonical tags… awesome!

I should read more before posting here…

Problem solved. :cool: