Category Desc for each Manufacturer

Hi,

I need to make some changes so that I may be able to enter long description for a category with respect to each manufacturer.

When I go to Administer Products->Categories and then select any category…then at the bottom we have these Text tab for long description of that category.

Here in the template I have added a drop down with all the manufacturer where admin can select a Manufacturer…Now I want that on selecting the manufacturer it should load the long desc for selected category for that manufacturer…exactly how right now it is done with oxcategories table but I want it to be done with oxobject2manufacturer so I may select a manufacturer and enter the long desc for that manufacturer.

I have created the following table.

– Table structure for table oxobject2manufacturer

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS oxobject2manufacturer;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS oxobject2manufacturer (
OXID char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
OXOBJECTID char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘’,
OXMANUFID char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘’,
OXMANUFDESC text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
OXTIME int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘0’,
PRIMARY KEY (OXID),
KEY OXOBJECTID (OXOBJECTID),
KEY OXMAINIDX (OXMANUFID,OXOBJECTID)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

here the OBJECTID is the category ID and MANUFID is manufacturer id and MANUFDESC is the long description that I want to have for each category with respect to each manufacturer.

In category_text.php I saw this

#this->_aViewData[“editor”] = $this->_generateTextEditor( “100%”, 300, $oCategory, “oxcategories__oxlongdesc”, “list.tpl.css”);

I REALLY NEED SOME GUIDANCE HOW TO DO IT…I AM JUST SHOOTING IN THE SKY WITHOUT ANY IDEA.

PLEASE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME LITTLE GUIDANCE ON HOW TO PROCEED FURTHER HERE IN OXID…

Looking forward for a quick reply.

THANKS,
Ahtasham

Hi Ahtasham,

your post is really hard to read as you don’t use code tags, do you?

Regards

Posted already but now used CODE tags to make it better…

=================================================================

I need to make some changes so that I may be able to enter long description for a category with respect to each manufacturer.

When I go to Administer Products->Categories and then select any category…then at the bottom we have these Text tab for long description of that category.

Here in the template I have added a drop down with all the manufacturer where admin can select a Manufacturer…Now I want that on selecting the manufacturer it should load the long desc for selected category for that manufacturer…exactly how right now it is done with oxcategories table but I want it to be done with oxobject2manufacturer so I may select a manufacturer and enter the long description for that manufacturer.

I have created the following table.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `oxobject2manufacturer`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `oxobject2manufacturer` (
  `OXID` char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `OXOBJECTID` char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `OXMANUFID` char(32) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `OXMANUFDESC` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `OXTIME` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`OXID`),
  KEY `OXOBJECTID` (`OXOBJECTID`),
  KEY `OXMAINIDX` (`OXMANUFID`,`OXOBJECTID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

here the OBJECTID is the category ID and MANUFID is manufacturer id and MANUFDESC is the long description that I want to have for each category with respect to each manufacturer.

In category_text.php I saw this

this->_aViewData["editor"] = $this->_generateTextEditor( "100%", 300, $oCategory, "oxcategories__oxlongdesc", "list.tpl.css");

I REALLY NEED SOME GUIDANCE HOW TO DO IT…I AM JUST SHOOTING IN THE SKY WITHOUT ANY IDEA.

PLEASE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME LITTLE GUIDANCE ON HOW TO PROCEED FURTHER HERE IN OXID…

Looking forward for a quick reply.

THANKS,
Ahtasham