Product search by product description (oxartextends)

Hello

Is it correct OXID behavior that customer can’t search products by their description (table oxartextends) but only by product name (title).

Thanks for answer(s) and bye

Marko

Hi Marko,

you can adjust the fields of oxarticle for the search behaviour from the admin panel -> main options.

Regards

Hi

Thanks for quick answer. I should have checked admin options more carefully first.

I added “oxlongdesc” in “Fields to be considered in Search” and now it’s working OK, but I noticed that it is not working if I try a different language article description by inserting “oxlongdesc_1” or “oxlongdesc_2” instead of “oxlongdesc” (these fields are filled with same data as oxlongdesc).

Is this a bug? (my version is CE 4.4.7_33396).

Bye

Marko

Hi,

IMO, you don’t have to insert oxlongdesc_1 etc to the search options. You just insert oxlongdesc and the rest (by switching the language in front end) will be done automatically.

Regards

Hello

It works exactly as you explained. I wonder if there is some special reason not to have “oxlongdesc” inserted in “Fields to be considered in Search” by default? Another thing, will there be a kind of “advanced search” option for searching for example by price range in future?

Thanks again and bye.

Marko

Hi Marko,

Another thing, will there be a kind of “advanced search” option for searching for example by price range in future?

There is a possibility to automatically assign products to a defined category for price ranges.
Thinking of other search options: There are some really cool modules around that may extend your basic search depending on your business case (product range). Just have a look at OXID eXchange :wink:

Regards