No Basket

Hello All,

I’m trying to “rebuilt” the Oxid Shop into a “Brokers Homepage” so I don’t need the “basket and shopping” functions.

Would it be possible to disable all shopping functions or will this be too complicated?

Might sound silly setting up a shop without shopping functions but I like the looks and admin functions from the Oxid shop that’s why I’m willing to give it a try!

Regards

not a problem - just take out all links and buttons which lead “to cart”

I assume, you want to use the shop as a kind of CMS?
But keep in mind, there is very limited functionality for layout things, which are often needed for presenting a bunch of information.

Thanks Ray,

Yes, a kind of CMS.
With just taking out the links which lead to “cart” you mean deleting all the “basket” texts in the lang.php or… and?

Sorry, just a newbie :):frowning:

Stanley

No - there is no need to change anything in the language files.
You need to work directly in the template files and delete every link by hand.

Wouldn´t it be much easier to use something like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3?

Thanks again,

As I said I’m just a newbie, don’t know the other programs but willing to learn!
So, you think it would be easier using another program?

In all of the template files I’ve to look if I find a link to “cart” and just delete them?
I wil give it a try, if it’s not too complicated and see if it works.

Thanks and regards!

my idea is just - why using a shop when no cart is needed and only basic layout functions are available instead of using a real CMS-system?

There are plenty open source, free or low cost cms-systems - give it a try! Believe me, it is better to use a real cms when providing content.

The point is that I want to use most of the functions from the Oxid shop like the search engine, categories, etc. A few of my friends who are brokers asked me to look for an easy piece of software that they could use to easely put in new objects.

So I thought simpel, why not use Oxid and disable all shopping functions and they have all they need!
A database and search engine and an easy way to upload their new objects to the categorie they want.

I started setting up a test site: immo4u.shop.co

I only want the cart links disabled and then the rest looks fine, clean and simple to handle!

Please give me your opinion? Thanks again!

ok - got you now, you are using oxid for real estate offers!

Then I think it is a good choice to use the shop except of the cart function.
Check here:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6217

and maybe this module could be helpful?
http://www.oxidmodule.com/OXID-Professional-4/Module-PE4/Angebotsanfrage-fuer-Oxid-PE4.html

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks!

You really helped me!

Your site looks great!
Mine should be in German too. But I’m just a simple Dutchman living in Bayern!

Thanks and good luck. Hope you don’t mind me asking once again!