OXID Community Forum

> Archive > Redesigning the OXID eShop default frontend > Product presentation > Product Detail Page
Login
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread: Product Detail Page

#Top   #1  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned
LSobanski is on a distinguished road
Default Product Detail Page

Hi,

i am very interested how we can improve our products details page.
You do not only have imgaes, an text but also meta information (like attributes) and tools, what you can do with that product (i mean rating, price alert, bookmarks ...).

A lot of stuff. I know it can be better, do you have good examples or ideas how all this elements could be arranged?

Greetings
Lars
#Top   #2  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
lafi is on a distinguished road
Default AW: Product Detail Page

Hi Lars,

i like the "tabs". it keeps the site small and all details are fast to find. like the way ident24.de goes.

"Netiquette: Mitdenken. Fragen. Helfen. Der Rest sind technische Details."
#Top   #3  
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
leofonic is on a distinguished road

Some other ways to select variants would be nice. So Variants could be selected by Selectboxes in detailview or by preview icons (e.g. Color), and the Article is updated with Ajax.
#Top   #4  
Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leofonic View Post
Some other ways to select variants would be nice. So Variants could be selected by Selectboxes in detailview or by preview icons (e.g. Color), and the Article is updated with Ajax.
Like it is solved with the multidemensional variants?
I think you are right, customer, don´t need to see every variant on it´s own, but in my opinion evey variant should be selectable by url, eg. if you want to show someone what you will buy or give an advice.

I think of products like this one: http://www.desaster.com/Wohnen/Kuech...ehle-HOLY.html

But are there some kinds of goods where the actual way would be better?

Greetings
Lars
#Top   #5  
Old 02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafi View Post
Hi Lars,

i like the "tabs". it keeps the site small and all details are fast to find. like the way ident24.de goes.
Nice way!
I have the idea of a kind of "Media Box" which contains pictures, videos, downloads. Navigating this box could be done with tabs also!

I like your idea to put "reviews" beside the product information, my first idea was to cluster "tools" like contact, and reviews, but i this way is shure better from customer-sight.

Why don´t you show all information directly and added a "more Details button"? For better positioning the crosselling?

Greetings
Lars
#Top   #6  
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
lafi is on a distinguished road

Hi Lars,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Sobanski View Post
Nice way!
I have the idea of a kind of "Media Box" which contains pictures, videos, downloads. Navigating this box could be done with tabs also!

I like your idea to put "reviews" beside the product information, my first idea was to cluster "tools" like contact, and reviews, but i this way is shure better from customer-sight.

Why don´t you show all information directly and added a "more Details button"? For better positioning the crosselling?

Greetings
Lars
thats not my Site my shop is not ready yet in my shop i show the details in the first tab and the variants as a radiobutton close to the price. A click on a radiobuttun opens the tab with the variants.

"Netiquette: Mitdenken. Fragen. Helfen. Der Rest sind technische Details."
#Top   #7  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Like it is solved with the multidemensional variants?
Almost, although i think a more natural place for the selects would be in the top detail, because there is no additional information in the variant-selector box.
So more like this: http://www.carlo-colucci.com/pullover-720150.html
Quote:
I think you are right, customer, don´t need to see every variant on it´s own, but in my opinion evey variant should be selectable by url, eg. if you want to show someone what you will buy or give an advice.
I think of products like this one: http://www.desaster.com/Wohnen/Kuech...ehle-HOLY.html
I understand, in my opinion it is sufficient to link to the base product, but this will not be true for everyone.
Quote:
But are there some kinds of goods where the actual way would be better?
Greetings
Lars
Yes for sure, for example if the variants differ greatly in price, configuration or appearance. Then it is better to have the variants side by side. But if you have just different sizes a selectbox is sufficient, even if it is not a multi-dimensional variant.

In the german forum there was a question today about how to show colours as separate variants but the different sizes of each colour in a selectbox. So it depends.

PS: i also like the way the tabs are done in ident24.de
#Top   #8  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

Hi,

i made a thread sticky in this forum to collect input for the concept.
Using tabs is clear, usefull and added

I noticed, how variants should be displayed is quite difficult and it is not easy to find a "one fits all" solution.
So much we can say so far:
Selection posibility in details top is needed, listing variants on their own under product details ist not really neccesaray.

(so we are talking mainly about "Redesigning the OXID eShop default frontend", not altering core functions)

Do you agree so far?

Greetings

Lars
#Top   #9  
Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Do you agree so far?
I do agree so far.