Users shopping cart

A user login with his login credentials and add an item to his cart. After that he logout without ordering the item. Then when another user login within his login credentials on the same system then the item which was in the shopping cart of the previous user can be seen on the second users shopping cart.

How this can be resolved.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

this is a fixed bug. See: https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=5771.

Regards
Jürgen

Hi,

I have gone through the page. But sorry to ask you here in my project how can i fix this bug. In the above mentioned page it is not mentioned how it is cleared.

Please provide me relevant information.

Thanks in advance

Shop Update

Hi,
Sorry I didn’t get you . How can I do the shop update?

https://www.oxid-esales.com/en/support-services/documentation-and-help/oxid-eshop/installation/oxid-eshop-update-installation/preparing-update.html

Is it possible to update it now so that my shopping cart issue to be solved.

Hi,

you can update your OXID eShop any time you like. Please have a look at this page at the OXIDforge: https://oxidforge.org/en/downloads-en. There you can find the so called [I]cumulative update packages[/I]. Simply choose your shop version and download the package.

Regards
Jürgen

Currently I am using Oxid version COMMUNITY EDITION 4.7.0_51243. Is the shop update means I need to install new version.When I check the link you gave , there it is mentioned that current stable version is 4.10.2. Is there any option to fix the bug without changing the version.

And also if I update to latest version, does it affect the front end of my shopping site. My project is 97% finished.

Thanks in advance.

Going online with version 4.7 is like leaving you car open with keys in ignition, because there were some critical security fixes in 4.9.9 / 4.10.

According to bug report posted earlier, this problem was fixed in version 4.8.11, so you would need to update at least up to version 4.8.11 to fix this bug.
Otherwise you can review changes from 4.8.11 update and apply them to your shop.

Without updating you could try to call the session-basket directly after login, setting amounts to 0 with using methods getbasketcontents/changebasket/addToBasket. This has to be done before reloading the basket from database.

Ok. From your point I find that it is better to use 4.10 version. But I am sorry I asked you that Does the update affect the frontend of my shopping site.

Thank You.

because of compatibility breaks between 4.7 and 4.10 you will not be able to keep your frontend.
(but you also have to check installed modules for compatibility with 4.10)

On the other hand, 4.10 brings new resposnive frontend them “flow”, which you can see here:

Hi,

I am trying to update my oxid eshop version from 4.7 to 4.10 version. For this Do I need to update to 4.8 version first and then to 4.10. When i check for the update packages, no packages are there to direct update from 4.7 to 4.10.

Could you please give relevant information on the same.

Hi,

Here one member noted that without updating, we can solve the issue regarding shopping cart of the previous user can be seen on the second users shopping cart.

Could you please explain in detail that how can i solve the issue. I mean in which file, code or function.

Thanks in advance.