4.8RC2: blank startpage, English missing

Hi devs.

Made a clean install with the latest version from Github and imported the demo files and DB entries.
(Btw. install intro looks attractive.)
I advised German to be the first language and Finland as main “delivery country”.

config.inc: $this->iDebug = 1;

Opening first page www.myhp.me/shop/ —> I see/get a blank page.
Generating the source code, I see: <html><head></head><body></body></html>

When opening: www.myhp.me/shop/de/Wakeboarding/Wakeboards/ —> Page looks perfect.

Checked the error.log and there was/is no error entry.
On the “startseite” isn’t any debug info displayed.

What can cause the blank page?

sieg01

I made one more clean install. This time on a different server.
Upper is Debian Squeeze. This one now is Debian-Edu (Wheezy).
BTW - thank you for this hint:

Here I am facing the same issue that the index page isn’t displayed.

All addresses work fine:
www.myhp.me/shop/de/Bekleidung/
www.myhp.me/shop/Gear/

Except the index pages of the shop:

Can you reproduce this?

Hi sieg01,

can’t reproduce it :frowning:

Best

Reproduced! About to debug!

Thanks a lot mate!

Hi again,
for some reason, the debug info was left in this repository. We removed it and it shall work now.

Best!

I downloaded and installed 4.7.8.
This shop-version is running on both systems w/o errors.

4.8rc2:
What needs to be done?
Or is it necessary to dl the package from Git again?

cu
sieg01

As I am on the road presently, I don’t see exactly wgat has been changed. So I suggest to download the package again.

Laters!

I am visiting Github

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;134073]I don’t see exactly what has been changed.[/QUOTE] and I can not see any changes made there as well.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;134073]So I suggest to download the package again.[/QUOTE]
To dl the same package again?
Or does Github not display if a file got deleted. I am not so familiar with Github by now…

Hi,

got a bit puzzled: In your first post you said you downloaded the shop from GitHub, pointing to the branch b-5.0-ce. Now you say that 4.7.8 is working but not your downloaded Version from GitHub. The branch b-5.0.-ce actually contains 4.7.x

Best

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;134108]got a bit puzzled:Best[/QUOTE]

Don’t be.

This is the version which was downloaded and installed:

We are using different browsers with different tools installed and (de)activated -and option settings… That’s why the link in the first post is wrong :wink:

But still is says, that there weren’t done any changes - yesterday or till now (today). :frowning:

Cloudy greetings

Saw a change 20 hours ago in b-dev-ce. Will be released with the final version as RC2 is already released :wink:

Best!

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;134112]Saw a change 20 hours ago in b-dev-ce. Will be released with the final version as RC2 is already released :wink:

Best![/QUOTE]

Found it. Thank you for the info.
Like I said: Still new with Github. :wink:

This is easier https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop_ce/commit/528d67ec81efcd4427cf5767789a8f99d6a1eeb5
than downloading everything. :wink:

Nachschlag:
I can confirm that it is running on Debian-Edu/Wheezy now.

cu

When reading this: http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Downloads/4.8.0_5.1.0
then I am missing the modules/files /oe/oepaypal, /oe/oethemeswitcher and/or /modules/oe/mobile
and the diagnostics tool in ‘Service‘ -> ‘Version Checker‘

Btw: do the devs visit and read this forum?
Or is the mailing list the place to meet them and forward such information like this topic?

happy hacking

Hey sieg01,
this is the dev repository. The deploy tool will package everything and can be downloaded from exchange.oxid-esales.com. There are separate repos for mobile and paypal (to be opened soonish).

This is the right place for such infos as the devs themselves are not responsible for this kind of issues :wink:

Best