Can we get rid of the option "Lexware Export"?

Hi everybody,

In the administration area of CE and PE shops, there is the option [I]VAT Settings for Lexware Faktura (German Accounting Software)[/I] under [I]Master Settings -> Core Settings -> Settings -> Other Settings[/I] (See screenshot attached)

We found out, that by default, the shop doesn’t use this option at any place and we want to get rid of it. Please let us know if we can delete the code belonging to this or if you have it in use for any other purpose.

Thanks!

Well, we still use the export feature in some places - but not those settings.

The XML export will be left untouched. It is really just about this option which is used in no method by default.

I would say just let it there and name it different - like “individual control settings”. Maybe put it to another place as well.

Maybe you can make a module out of it. So you can get rid of it and keep the the scource code clean.

It’s not an individual control setting. It just puts something like <SteuersatzID>6</SteuersatzID> and changes <Steuersatz>0.19</Steuersatz>. If it is not set in admin option, <Steuersatz> is replaced by the default value. It is not even multilingual. Thus, getting rid of the option, means just to loose <SteuersatzID> which probably nobody uses except of Lexware as a field.

Not a good idea: the module cannot be maintained in the future…

Regards

I can confirm that none of our customers needed it.

Hello,

I am not sure but I think this option will be used by the “COI-Schnittstelle” for CAO Faktura…

Hello,

correct. the interface between cao-faktura and oxid use it to set the correct vat

Hi,

thanks Thoren. Two options: either you get it resolved using the extra VAT fields on products and categories (which might be the cleaner way) or we leave it in the shop.
If you want to switch it in COI, which time frame would you need?

Regards

Hi,

I’ll adjust CAO and COI, so the option is no longer needed. Should be implemented until the next oxid-update

Perfect. Cheers!

Hi Thoren,

could you fix it in the mean time? I’d like to poke our development again for ditching it.

Cheers