Credit Card Error - Techical Problems

One day I will make an effort to read the entire manual but I am currently in a rush to get up and running so please help if you can…

I have managed to get to the “3. Pay” page and have inputted a credit card number, valid dates and CCV information but I keep getting the following message:

“Due to technical problems this payment method is unavailable. Please select a different payment method.”

I am suspicious that I may need to add a credit card manual as in the past I have had to use a 3rd party to handle credit cards (e.g. PayPal, Mals-e).

Can you advise a solution to the error message?

Thanks - Don

did you check logfiles already?

I did a search for LOG in the public_html and got back 250 responses. Can you tell me where I should look and for which log file Ray?

nothing in the shop-log?
(/log/exception_log.txt)

There was lots of gibberish in the log but I don’t think it relates to the credit card error as I just tried to use the feature today.

Just in case, here is what was in the log… if there is another issue besides the credit card problem please let me know.

oxSystemComponentException—!–NOT CAUGHT–!--oxException (time: 2012-09-11 12:51:28): [0]: Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb)

Stack Trace: #0 /home/neigh/public_html/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array)
#1 /home/neigh/public_html/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5)
#2 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf()
#3 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(119): oxShopControl->_process(‘exceptionError’, ‘displayExceptio…’)
#5 /home/neigh/public_html/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start()
#6 {main}

Faulty component -->

oxSystemComponentException—!–NOT CAUGHT–!--oxException (time: 2012-09-11 12:51:35): [0]: Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb)

Stack Trace: #0 /home/neigh/public_html/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array)
#1 /home/neigh/public_html/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5)
#2 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf()
#3 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/neigh/public_html/views/oxshopcontrol.php(119): oxShopControl->_process(‘exceptionError’, ‘displayExceptio…’)
#5 /home/neigh/public_html/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start()
#6 {main}

Faulty component -->

what kind of interface you are using for credit card payment?

That seems to be the problem then… Doph
I need an interface to be installed - right?
Have you any suggestions on which I might choose for Visa, MasterCard, Etc?
Preferably one that doesn’t cost too much please.

errh - yes, that could help :slight_smile:

It depends which aquirer / bank you are partner of - there are several in Germany I could tell you, guess that won´t help you “Down Under”…

Brain fade I guess - guilty.

I don’t want to use a bank gateway as they charge like wounded bulls. I want to use paypal and I have seen that there is a FREE module. I just can’t check it out of the cart due to some “ERROR” in my street address. Sheesh it is only a download right?
Is there a url where I can just download the module?

You mean the eFire Portlet for PayPal?

Right, this is free, but can be used only in combination with the service-platform “eFire”. And to open an account ther, you need to pay 50,- Euros as a deposit, because this platform offers as well fee-based services.
Using only PayPal does not cost more than the fees from PayPal itself, which they deduct themselves, so the 50,- Euros will be kept untouched. If some day you are canceling your account, you will get a full refund.

okay - all noted 50 Euros is doable… is e-fire only for Europe (I think I read this)?
what do I do next?

I just got a hint (thanks to Marco) that someone based in Canada will release a PayPal module for OXID shop within the next days which can work with North-America - should work as well with Australia I think.

Maybe you want to contact him for more details?
http://forum.oxid-esales.com/member.php?u=9983

Danke Schoen - Message sent privately