Facebook integration

Hi again :slight_smile:
I have question about facebook integration.

I created an application. Everythings works fine but want to connect this app with may facebook fanpage.

Now is something like that:
User can like my site, my products in shop but it is not visible on fanpage. They can comment products but still it is not visible on ma fanpage.

How can i get something like that:
When user click on like buton they likes my fanpage, when they click like button in products the message that someone likes my product is vivible on fanpage. Whey they comment something on shop page it is visible on fanpage.

please help :slight_smile:

Hi,

[QUOTE=chodus;93428]
When user click on like buton they likes my fanpage, when they click like button in products the message that someone likes my product is vivible on fanpage. Whey they comment something on shop page it is visible on fanpage.
[/QUOTE]

Well this is actually the purpose of the integration, isn’t it? Are you sure you connected the application with the correct fan page?

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;93984]
Well this is actually the purpose of the integration, isn’t it? Are you sure you connected the application with the correct fan page?
[/QUOTE]
That’s what i thought too, but i think it’s not possible. I don’t know if it’s possible at all, or maybe with a different approach, or maybe i just don’t fully understand the concept.

I searched and did not even find a place where the application can be connected to the fanpage. There used to be a place last year or so, but it seems it don’t exist anymore.

I got to the point where i believe the facebook integration has nothing to do with the fanpage. If a customer clicks like on a product, it does not appear on the fanpage, but on the page of the customer.

If anyone has successfully connected the shop with the fanpage, i would like to know how to do it. The only way i know of is by likebox, this is not integrated but easy to do, like here http://imhimmi.de/

I’ve also been down this path and have come to the same (confusing) conclusion:
[ul]
[li]Facebook fan/company pages are like an entity on their own, with no obvious way to integrate them to your site or fb app.
[/li][/ul]
However, as of recently, I’ve gained some additional insight on this topic.
[ul]
[li]Creating an fb app doesn’t accomplish any integration, it just [B][I]allows[/I][/B] you to integrate using modern fb methods.
[/li][li]The actual integration is done by OXID, which makes use of XFBML tags (one of several integration methods) throughout the template files.
[/li][li]By default, these OXID supplied XFBML tags only reference pages within your own domain. For example, a ‘LIKE’ will show up as a user liking a specific page [B][I]within[/I][/B] your site, and all their friends will see this.
[/li][li]Lastly, there is nothing [I]special[/I] about a fan page ‘LIKE’. People liking a fan page w/in facebook are still just contributing to the # of LIKEs associated with a URL, in this case the URL of the fan page.
[/li][/ul]

If you wanted to give the ability to like a page [B][I]outside[/I][/B] of your site, such as the fan/company page, you could just create your own like button (using XFBML or whatever other integration method) or even override an existing template XFBML tag and have it reference the external page.

For example, using XFBML:

<fb:like href="http://www.facebook.com/myfanpage" send="false" width="450" show_faces="false"></fb:like>

For examples of other integration methods and more details you can see this FB article:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/