How to remove Shoplupe?

I am getting into the ‘nitty gritty’ of OXID and the more I learn, the more I realise there is to learn.
On the opening page, there are several boxes on the right hand side for which I have not been able to determine how to switch on/off via the Admin Panel. Specifically:

• SHOPLUPE (whatever this means?) - how can I turn it on/off or change it?
  • Trusted Shops - where do I configure this?

Many thanks

Don_in_OZ

Hi again,

Shoplupe is a Germany based company that certifies the usability of on-line shops. Trusted Shops is bringing the bacon home by certifying on-line shops by legal security. Both aspects are a big issue for consumers over here and it is becoming more and more interesting for shop owners to have this seals. Though, I have no idea if they would be able to certify a shop in your country :-)) Just ask them, the result would be interesting to me :slight_smile:

Alright, how to ditch the seals/boxes:
In /out/azure/tpl/layout/sidebar.tpl, you will find this code:

[{if $oView->getClassName() eq "start"}]
    [{if $oViewConf->showTs("WIDGET")}]
    [{capture append="oxidBlock_sidebar"}]
        [{include file="widget/trustedshops/ratings.tpl" }]
    [{/capture}]
    [{/if}]
[{/if}]

[{include file="widget/shoplupe/ratings.tpl" }]
    [{/capture}]
[{/if}]

Uncommend this code with <!-- and //–> (just HTML like) and clear the /tmp/ folder.
I didn’t test it :wink:

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;61566]

Uncommend this code with <!-- and //–> (just HTML like) and clear the /tmp/ folder.
[/QUOTE]

Please uncomment with [{* … *}]. Because this stops the whole execution of the code between, while <!-- //–> are just HTML-comments and the code needs to be renderd even it is not shown on the page.

Joscha

Josha is right.

Cheers

Thanks to Marco and Joscha

I tried to follow Joscha’s directions and failed so I tried Marco’s original directions and this failed too.
Perhaps I am not getting the directions correctly. Perhaps you are assuming my level of understanding is greater than it is…

What I did was as follows:

[{if $oView->getClassName() eq “start”}]
[{if $oViewConf->showTs(“WIDGET”)}]
[{capture append=“oxidBlock_sidebar”}]
[{include file=“widget/trustedshops/ratings.tpl” }]
[{/capture}]
[{/if
}]
[{/if}]

As you can see I inserted the “*” at the begiining of the [{ and again at the end. This did not work.

Also to note… Marco advised to clear the /tmp/folder - when I did this I got a major page meltdown.

If you are able to be more explicit, I would appreciate your continued help.

Don_in_OZ

try this - clear /tmp after all template changes of course
and just to be sure: Backend -> Service -> Tools -> Update VIEWS now

[{*
        [{include file="widget/sidebar/partners.tpl" }]
    [{/capture}]
[{/if}]

[{if $oViewConf->showTs("WIDGET")}]
        [{include file="widget/trustedshops/ratings.tpl" }]
    [{/capture}]
    [{/if}]
[{/if}]

[{include file="widget/shoplupe/ratings.tpl" }]
    [{/capture}]
[{/if}]
*}]

Thanks Ray

This modification got rid of the unwanted box “SHOPLUPE”

On a seperate note, when you say:

1. clear /tmp after all template changes of course
    what do you mean? delete the TMP folder? I see no other way to clear it.
    Once I did rename it XXXTMP but that crashed the webpage.

2. I also do not understand:
    "and just to be sure: Backend -> Service -> Tools -> Update VIEWS now"
    how is this done?

Regardles of these instructions not being followed the ShopLupen
is successfully gone.

Don_in_OZ

1. delete all files inside the folder /tmp - these are cached template files and database requests to improve the performance of the shop

2. which shop version do you use? In version 4.5 this part is new and updates so called “views” which are some database-performance-cache-files. You can find this in your Backend Navigation

[QUOTE=Hebsacker;61716]
2. which shop version do you use? In version 4.5 this part is new and updates so called “views” which are some database-performance-cache-files. You can find this in your Backend Navigation[/QUOTE]

Sorry to correct you Ray.

“Update Views” is one thing that comes with the new language handling. It needs just to be done, if you change the layout from multilanguage-tables (for example if a module add a field). This has nothing to do with performance at that point.

Joscha

[QUOTE=jkrug;61726]Sorry to correct you Ray[/QUOTE]

no proplem Sensei! :smiley:

I just recommend to refresh those views as well, because it sometimes seems to help magically anyway - just look at the bunch of problems with the PayPal-Portlet

and if done for nothing, it does no damage either

Thanks Gents

I did not previously delete the folder/tmp but rather I renamed it with XXX as a prefix.
When I did this the page web page crashed. Perhaps the folder is required to be present regardless if it has information/files inside or not. I was just hesitant to delete a file in case it was an error or misunderstanding on my part. I know that tmp files are generally able to be wasted or cleared without an issue in a normal windows environment but I just wasn’t sure in a web page situation.

I will take my spine pills and delete everything inside the folder/tmp file and see what happens.

Hallo nach mal

I am back and trying to apply the good information you gave me last year - alas the new version of e-Community has changed somewhat and I am unsure what to do to delete the “ShopLuppe” widget completely.

Can you help once again please?

which theme are you using now?

I am using the latest (I think) 4.6 and I have chosen Azure as a theme.

go to /out/azure/tpl/layout/sidebar.tpl and delete blocks with “trustedshops” and “partners”

or you can rework the templates called within those blocks (e.g. widget/trustedshops/ratings.tpl)

Shops is bringing the bacon home by certifying on-line shops by legal security. Both aspects are a big issue for consumers over here and it is becoming more and more interesting for shop owners to have this seals. Though, I have no idea if they would be able to certify a shop in your country :-)) Just ask them, the result would be interesting to me :slight_smile:

The code has changed quite a bit comparing 4.6 to 4.9.7 !
Can you guide me to getting rid of Shoplupe for the new version please?

open sidebar.tpl and search for “shoplupe”

Searched and found several entries
applied <!-- to the code in the 2 files but no change.
when I did the same in the smarty file my web page went to text only so I undid that.

Any other ideas?

how exactly did you apply <!-- to the code?
and what is “the smarty” file? The template? in this case, where did you apply <!-- to the code?