Overriden template seems not to be touched

Hello everybody,
i’m new to oxid and having a problem, which I could not find out in google. I try to explain it because I don’t know how to describe it as well :frowning:

I have a module A and I extended it with B. A has a template which is located in head.tpl. This template should be overriden by B’s template. In my metadata.php I have following information:
$aModule = array (
//…
‘extend’ => array ('oxViewConfig => B),
‘template’ => arary(‘template_from_A.tpl’ => ‘path_to_template_from_B.tpl’));

But the template from B seems not to be touched. Oxid still renders the template from A. I don’t know where I did wrong.

Could anybody help me?

Thank you in advance!

I would set a block in template_from_A.tpl. Then you can overwrite the block with a template from module B.

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually I think about it too, but the thing is, the module A should not be modified. Because the module A is a 3rd party module, and if there are some updates, all my modifies will be removed. Maybe I shoud find a way to use some private functions from module A.

http://forum.oxid-esales.com/showthread.php?t=18260&page=2#post116231

I’ve got a look at the link but don’t really understand everything (my German is not good enough :D). Actually I want to use the private functions from module A in my template B. And just right now I’ve tried to create a new object A to call private function with oxNew($class_name_A) but it doesn’t work. Maybe I should think about another approach :smiley:

Then show us the modules. Otherwise we are wasting too much time :slight_smile: