Problem with PayPal module after reinstalling a shop with 4.7.5 version

Dear Community,

After version 4.5.9 I never managed to upgrade correctly my Shop. Something went wrong and I cannot detect what it is. This community could not help, too. Therefore I decided to reinstall the shop completely.

I created a new path, it means my shop got a new URL. All installation and process went smoothly. In the moment when I activated PayPal module :eek:, the message “Zend Optimizer not installed”!!! is running over my screen, the admin panel is blocked with this message as well as the shop it self.

Installation is done correct, Shop-Conector was correct with a link to new URL and all else.

After pressing that button “activate” PayPal Module, Shop-Conector is warning me that there is no connection between my shop and eFire. This cannot be truth because one minute before, everything was ok.

Dos anyone know what is the problem and what shell I do?

thank you

Slava

[QUOTE=Slava;125083]…the message “Zend Optimizer not installed”!!! [/QUOTE]

check via php.info if the ZEND Extension is running on your system

some hosters require a php.info for activating the extension in every subfolder where crypted code is running

Thank you for fast answer.
Dos it means that I have to reinstall from back up all, or I need just to put php.info in core?

you just need to make sure the ZEND Optimizer is active in all needed subfolders by placing the required php.ini into them

Sorry for stupid question, but how I will know which are “all needed subfolders”? Those from the PayPal Module?

yes, every subfolder containing encrypted code files from PayPal module

but first check if the ZEND Optimizer is really present and active on your system, maybe you need to ask your webhoster about that

Hi again,

Thank you, I could resolve the Zend Optimizer problem. I did not have Zend Loader installed. So, I did it.
Now I have next problem.
PayPal module is installed and on acivate I am geting warning:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /kunden/xxx/yyy/my_shop/modules/oe/oepaypal/core/oepaypalevents.php on line 0

I asked a technic suport from my server to help me and they think that here are files for PHP 5.2 coded and therefore they are not compatible with PHP 5.3.

What I’v done is:

1. PayPal modul cleared
  2. new payPal modul downloaded through my eFire, to be sure that I have correct version
  3. module reinstalled
  4. Activate

and the same happens, the same warning!

chack_system was all green!

[QUOTE=Slava;125123]
2. new payPal modul downloaded through my eFire, to be sure that I have correct version
[/QUOTE]

so you are running PHP 5.3? Then you need to download the PayPal-Version encoded for PHP 5.3 ->
http://exchange.oxid-esales.com/OXID-oxid-oxid/OXID-eFire-Services/Portlet-PayPal-Modul-2-0-4-for-4-6-0-4-7-x-PHP-5-3-Stable-CE-4-5-x-4-7-x.html

choose the one for 5.3 in Tab “Versions”

Dear Hebsacker,

I resolved the problem. All together the problem was

1. I did not have proper PayPal module and that is for PHP 5.3 . I used the link you were giving for download.
  2. I did not have SSL
  3. I did not have Zend Loader

That is.

Thank you for your help

:slight_smile:

There have been a lot of complaints over Paypal accounts. Many have felt the sting of lost resources, account freezes and other service nightmares that some may say rest just this side of downright fraud. Then there are the charges. For those who desire options, there’s Dwolla, an online installments website that claims it does a better job than the competition, for less cash. Source of article: Dwolla set to challenge PayPal for online payments.