Serious error after adding new language

Hello! I’m installing version 4.2.0_23610 (I have downloaded this a few weeks earlier but it seems that it’s the newest version). After a clean install I wanted to add slovak language to the shop. I did the following things:
[ol]
[li]Created /eshop/out/basic/sk directory
[/li][li]Copied language file I used in version 4.0.1.0 to this directory
[/li][li]Added slovak language in admin interface
[/li][/ol]

After this I only got a message that my shop is offline. I searched the forums and found that this is caused by an exception inside the program, and I can modifiy /eshop/core/exception/oxexceptionhandler.php to see what is happening. So I did this, and now I can see the exception but it isn’t very helpful. Maybe someone can tell me what to do. Tnx for any help!

Extra info:
-Deleting the new language fixes the error, but if I only disable it the error remains.
-Creating a new language that doesn’t have any translation file, will cause this error also.
-The shop is set to active, I double-checked it.

Here is the exception:

Exception: EXCEPTION_SHOP_NOTACTIVE
StackTrace:
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/core/oxfunctions.php (267) PARAMS:[Array ( [0] => oxShopException [1] => ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/views/oxcmp_shop.php (58) PARAMS:[Array ( [0] => oxShopException ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/views/oxubase.php (2156) PARAMS:[Array ( ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/views/start.php (179) PARAMS:[Array ( ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/views/oxshopcontrol.php (267) PARAMS:[Array ( ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/views/oxshopcontrol.php (85) PARAMS:[Array ( [0] => start [1] => ) 1]
File: /domains1/do1584600/public/www_root/eshop42/index.php (101) PARAMS:[Array ( ) 1]

Hi,

Copied language file I used in version 4.0.1.0 to this directory

Maybe this is the point: In this version, the lang files might have had a different format. Check out this translation if it works for you:
http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Languages/Slovak

Just checked it out and it worked well for me.

Regards

Thanks Marko, it helped :slight_smile:

I still wonder though what was the important thing that changed in the file… The format looks the same to me - create one array named $aLang. This didn’t change, so maybe some strings in the array have different names. If this is the case I think you should make the language loading process more error resistant (eg. if a string isn’t found the fall back to the default language or just display nothing), it’s not nice to get an exception just for some missing translation string.

Hi Sanor,

If this is the case I think you should make the language loading process more error resistant

Actually - I am about on this page:
https://projects.oxidforge.org/frs/?group_id=21&release_id=14

You are welcome if you want to help us with that.

Regards