Which edition to choose

Hallo,

i’m not sure, if i should choose the community edition or the professional edition.

Is each edition of the software scalable?

Does each version only works with MySQL or is also the neo4j database possible?

Is it possible to use the software in a cloud?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Bianka

Hi Bianka,

there are three different editions of OXID eShop: Enterprise, Professional and Community where PE and CE are basically the same piece of software. Maybe these links are helpful:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/facts/oxid-eshop-enterprise-edition/product-information.html
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/facts/oxid-eshop-professional-edition/product-information.html
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/facts/oxid-eshop-community-edition/product-information.html

Is each edition of the software scalable?

Could you specify this question?

Does each version only works with MySQL or is also the neo4j database possible?

Haven’t heard that anybody used neo4j yet, and I’d say that it’s going to be not easy as neo4j is not table based. Maybe SOLR or elasticsearch would be good alternatives.

Is it possible to use the software in a cloud?

Yes.

Best!

Thanks for the answers and a happy new year.

I have two more questions.

With “scalable” I mean it for the server where the shop is hosted. First the shop will be small. But later it could be huge, so more server are needed, therefore the shop should be scalable. So is this possible with the community edition or do I need the professional edition?

Another question is about the login. Is it possible to integrate another login for the user, like google or facebook. That the user should not register an extra account and can use the facebook or google login data. Is that possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and a Happy New Year as well,

as I wrote: CE and PE are basically the same piece of software. The difference is about warranty and support. OXID eShop Enterprise Edition comes with a package for “high load scenarios” for huge shops. So called “Cross Updates” are available.

About the login:
I wouldn’t even think about using the facebook or google login. As an online merchant, you’re responsible for your user’s data which you can’t guarantee when offering these kind of third party logins. I reckon you’ll never ever get the Trusted Shops or anybody elses seal with it.

Regards

Hallo
thanks for your answer.

Just one more point for the scalability. In the product information for the professional edition there is one point “scalable for future needs”, which I cannot find in the product information for the community edition. So this is my point. Is it just a feature for the professional edition.
Thanks in advance.

Regards Bianka

Facebook-Login is already integrated!
CE== PE
It is only possible to buy soap interface for PE. It isn´t availible for CE.
Scale: if you need more than quad core 16 GB RAM Webserver + external database-Server the costs for EE will not hurt you :wink:

[QUOTE=Lars Sobanski;137667]
Scale: if you need more than quad core 16 GB RAM Webserver + external database-Server the costs for EE will not hurt you ;-)[/QUOTE]
I think that this is not necessary in most cases.

With “scalable” I mean it for the server where the shop is hosted. First the shop will be small. But later it could be huge, so more server are needed, therefore the shop should be scalable. So is this possible with the community edition or do I need the professional edition?