4.9x language files

Do the files from here http://translate.oxidforge.org/downloads/ match with the files shipped with the current shop version?

Kdiff says that they don’t match. :frowning:

When overwriting the original files shipped with the shop, with the oxidforge or Github version, the BE shows a blank page.

Hi,
did you use the entire package, all languages? I have the same at shop.translate.oxidforge.org, didn’t debug it yet but assume it is because of the changed lang ID es_MX -> es_LA.

Besides of that no changes in the shop structure.

Regards

I downloaded all languages.
I compared German- and English- dl-version files with those shipped with the shop.

Eg.
OXID_ESHOP_CE_4.9.1_org/setup/de/lang.php comes with 17kb
OXID_eShop_languagePack/setup/de/lang.php comes with 12.8kb

OXID_ESHOP_CE_4.9.1_org/setup/en/lang.php comes with 15.6kb
OXID_eShop_languagePack/setup/en/lang.php comes with 11.4kb

This content and file size
OXID_eShop_languagePack/application/views/azure
also doesn’t match with
OXID_ESHOP_CE_4.9.1_org/application/views/azure

When looking @ the other files, then they differ as well.

Sunny greetings

Have you tried exporting directly from translate.oxidforge.org? Maybe someat with github transmission?

Best

Downloaded now the latest package from https://github.com/OXIDprojects/languages and compared the content (of the German and English language files) with the files in the original shop package 4.9.1.

They differ. (also when comparing with http://translate.oxidforge.org)

Can anyone confirm the difference in file size(s) as mentioned above?

Attached 2 zip files.
One with the original language files shipped with the shop.
The other from Github, downloaded and modified (removed other languages than EN and DE) some minute ago.

Of course they differ. The question is: is there a diff between github and otrance downloads?

Sorry can’t investigate now, am on the road.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;151860]The question is: is there a diff between github and otrance downloads? [/QUOTE]
No.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;151860]Of course they differ. [/QUOTE]
Why “of course”?

Original and oTranCe made are slightly different: encoding, header, tabs vs blanks etc.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;151875]Original and oTranCe made are slightly different: encoding, header, tabs vs blanks etc.[/QUOTE]

Pls compare upper attached files and you see, that the difference are not only tabs, blanks aso.

I thought the folders and files from there, are in the same structure as in the shop.
When downloading and unpacking the language package(s), you get the impression that they are designed to be usable and the original files (coming with the shop) can simply be overwritten.

Why are the language files offered in such (dis)order?

Can this be made (probably by you) that they are “plug and play”?

Thanks.

[B]Small look-up: [/B]
Based on upper experience with 4.9x, this does not work: http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Tutorials/Language_handling#Integration_with_GitHub

Hi @sieg01,

can’t get what you mean by disorder. Actually the files shall be in exactly the same structure as needed in the shop, so plug and play shall absolutely be possible. Sorry don’t have the time now to debug something I don’t know where to start with. Maybe you could come up with some certain points, e.g. an error message, this and that missing here or there etc…

Thanks for understanding

[QUOTE=sieg01;151876]
Based on upper experience with 4.9x, this does not work: http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Tutorials/Language_handling#Integration_with_GitHub[/QUOTE]

This also I don’t see. There’s exactly the same file structure.

@ Marco: Thank you for paying attention to this matter.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;152026]This also I don’t see. There’s exactly the same file structure.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the structure is fine.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;152025]… possible. Sorry don’t have the time now to debug something I don’t know where to start with. Maybe you could come up with some certain points, e.g. an error message, this and that missing here or there etc…[/QUOTE]

I am using Kdiffto compare files. And it shows a lot of “red and blue lines” when comparing the files I uploaded here:
http://forum.oxid-esales.com/showthread.php?t=25207#post151858
When comparing the file sizes, then I they differ also a lot. - so there must be some reason for it.

Example:
I compared: githubversion/application/translations/de/lang.php => file size: 71.3KiB
with OXID_ESHOP_CE_4.9.1_org_sprachdateien/application/translations/de/lang.php => file size: 39.8KiB

I think many red line are based on

• marking the “Umlaute”
  • different order of keywords in each file
    and
  • difference from line 604 on in: OXID_ESHOP_CE_4.9.1_org_sprachdateien/application/translations/de/lang.php

Is someone else out there who has time and possibility of joining to investigate?

I had not time to pay further attention to it (this month). But things will get clear(er) when integrating more languages and configuring/working with latest OXID-version.

Okay, clear now.
The order of the keys generated by oTranCe (VCSed via GitHub) is different to the original: keys and translations are hold there in a database and will be exported alphabetically into the export files. The key order in the original files is different. The original files are bigger by size as well because of the blanks between key => value. But all of this doesn’t matter in a manner of functionality because it is just an array that will be iterated by the application. If a key is missing it can’t lead to a white page - just this key will not be displayed or some error message would appear like “KEY_BLAH not found”.

Still believe that the white page is provoked the change of the langID I made for American Spanish: es_MX to es_LA. Maybe the language was already set in the database by an installation before and can’t be found now. But still have to investigate it.

Best

Hi @sieg01,

tried to sort out this problem recently. In a result, as I didn’t get any error message for shop.translate.oxidforge.org/admin either, I decided to set up a new installation with CE 4.9.2 including all dependencies etc (not finished yet!).
Sorted out that obviously I stupid-minded simply copied the new key translations into oTranCe, including some back slashes. Well, when importing, oTranCe is filtering it but not when just adding a new translation. So oTranCe, during the export made a double back slash out of it which couldn’t be escaped via the export. This (not existing error) appears when you recently wanted to log in to the admin panel in English incl. en_UK, en_US <-- because I did it.

I removed the back slashes now from oTranCe, updated the download packages and exported to GitHub.

Check if it works for you now :wink:

BTW: Would be glad about any help for this complex - in the mean time - system…

Cheers!