6vC PayPal Basic Module Support

this button comes from Paypal, not from the shop

did you enter correct values for useraccount and password?

Other than maybe a smarty or javascript error, can’t think why the page wouldn’t finishing loading. And if no changes were made to the module, there shouldn’t be any of these errors.

Yeah, maybe a re-install is best. Or try on a test system first (localhost, VM, etc.). Maybe try on a 4.6.4 first, then update just to make sure the minor version change doesn’t affect anything (I doubt it, but you never know).

[QUOTE=Hebsacker;105394]this button comes from Paypal, not from the shop

did you enter correct values for useraccount and password?[/QUOTE]

No, it’s not a PayPal button. It’s just a normal <form> submit button. But it’s made visible with javascript.

ah - ok, I see

Hi all i activated the debug mode in config.inc.php

and here is the result of it : the page lookslike

and the debuginfo is :

Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb)
#0 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array)
#1 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5)
#2 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf()
#3 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array)
#4 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(114): oxShopControl->_process(‘v6c_redirectpos…’, NULL)
#5 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start()
#6 {main};
oxSystemComponentException—!–NOT CAUGHT–!–oxException (time: 2012-10-18 21:29:09): [0]: Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb) Stack Trace: #0 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array) #1 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5) #2 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf() #3 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array) #4 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(119): oxShopControl->_process(‘exceptionError’, ‘displayExceptio…’) #5 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start() #6 {main} Faulty component –>

here is my check of oxidshop :

oxchkversion v 3.0.14 detected at http://(DOMAINNAME)de/oxchkversion.php at 2012-10-18 21:55:46
Edition CE
Version 4.6.5
Revision 49955

Summary
OK 1047
Modified 7
Version mismatch 0
Unknown 399
Number of investigated files in total: 1453

This OXID eShop does not fit 100% CE_4.6.5_49955.

Hints

• OXID eShop has sophisticated possibility to extend it by modules without changing shipped files. It’s not recommended and not needed to change shop files. See also our tutorials.
  • Since OXID eShop 4.2.0 it’s possible to use your own templates without changing shipped ones.

Details
core/oxmediaurl.php Modified (details)
core/oxmodule.php Modified (details)
admin/language_main.php Modified (details)
admin/shop_license.php Modified (details)
views/recommlist.php Modified (details)
modules/functions.php Modified (details)

thanks for the help :slight_smile:

faithfully
serversponsor

sorry to disappoint you, but this logging info “Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb)” comes from a small bug in debug info mode…

Maybe you have some problems with a firewall? Can you check the server settings and the serverlog?

Hi,

also, please streamline your modified files first. The reason for the misbehaviour can be here already. Whatever you did in this files might influence the functionality of your shop or modules a non-expected way.
Are you familiar with the module system/how to extend functionality without loosing the ability to update?

Regards

Hi Marco and Hebsacker,

thanks for you respond

I change nothing normaly i istalled the shop then i updated to 4.6.5 after that i installed the papalscript and now i got teh error .

i downlaod the 4.6.5 again and copy them over (only the corruped files)

ok ?

I am not familair with changing its my first time with oxid

thanks alot
i brb with the result

ps. there is currently no firewall set

its an system with debian squeeze , ispcp

serversponsor

more info about the principle of Parent- / Childtheme

(as well in english available at http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Tutorials/Understanding_theme_management_in_OXID_eShop_from_4.5.0 )

there is no need to change original template files, just place a copy of the file with your changes into the custom-template folder and the shop will use them instead of the original ones

[QUOTE=serversponsor;105449]
i downlaod the 4.6.5 again and copy them over (only the corruped files)
[/QUOTE]

If you didn’t change anything, this is probably the best way. Take care you switch your FTP client to explicit use of binary data transfer. Interested to hear if it works now :slight_smile:

Regards

here is my respond:

Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb)
#0 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array)
#1 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5)
#2 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf()
#3 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array)
#4 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(114): oxShopControl->_process(‘v6c_redirectpos…’, NULL)
#5 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start()
#6 {main};
oxSystemComponentException—!–NOT CAUGHT–!--oxException (time: 2012-10-18 22:21:23): [0]: Function ‘UI’ does not exist or is not accessible! (oxLegacyDb) Stack Trace: #0 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxSuperCfg->__call(‘UI’, Array) #1 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/core/oxdebuginfo.php(185): oxLegacyDb->UI(5) #2 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(236): oxDebugInfo->formatAdoDbPerf() #3 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(338): oxShopControl->_stopMonitor(false, false, NULL, Array) #4 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/views/oxshopcontrol.php(119): oxShopControl->_process(‘exceptionError’, ‘displayExceptio…’) #5 /var/www/virtual/(MY DOMAIN)/shop/htdocs/index.php(103): oxShopControl->start() #6 {main} Faulty component -->

still the same, oxidcheck is currently running…

the result :frowning:

oxchkversion v 3.0.14 detected at http://shop.MYDOMAIN/oxchkversion.php at 2012-10-18 22:23:08
Edition CE
Version 4.6.5
Revision 49955

Summary
OK 1053
Modified 1
Version mismatch 0
Unknown 399
Number of investigated files in total: 1453

This OXID eShop does not fit 100% CE_4.6.5_49955.

Hints

• OXID eShop has sophisticated possibility to extend it by modules without changing shipped files. It’s not recommended and not needed to change shop files. See also our tutorials.
  • Since OXID eShop 4.2.0 it’s possible to use your own templates without changing shipped ones.

should i maybe copy the whole 4.6.5_49955 over the old one in binary mode except config.inc.php ??

and after that the papal script also ?

I didn’t realize you are using the “basic” theme. The module is intended to work with the azure theme, which is why some module files are located in an azure folder. Maybe I’ll make this more explicit in the README.

It certainly ‘could’ work with basic theme but I imagine some minor changes are needed. Maybe start with “azure”, and then work on getting “basic” to work.

Wouldn’t it be an idea to diff the 6vCommerce theme? It is based on basic, right?

Regards

Hi supurvis you are wonderful you got it right but

whats the differents can you maybe code it for basic also?

it works now with azure but i dont like that them somehow :slight_smile:

any idea ?

thanks alot firstly :))))

Stop :slight_smile:
With his module, @spurvis delivered two different theme adaptions: one for ‘azure’, one for ‘6v-basic’. ‘6v-basic’ is an adapted theme for the North American market, based on the original ‘basic’.
The open source way of life would now be that you, @serversponsor, make a diff with a file comparison tool of your choosing and make a pull request for adding the changes needed in ‘basic’. If you are not familiar with GitHub, post your files here so anyone else can take over the pull request job.

‘Basic’ will be ditches with version 4.7 anyway :wink:

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;105461]Stop :slight_smile:
With his module, @spurvis delivered two different theme adaptions: one for ‘azure’, one for ‘6v-basic’.[/QUOTE]

That was an accident :stuck_out_tongue: The basic theme should never have been there, I already removed it from the 6vCommerce github repo. Even if you can find it, it probably won’t work, it’s too old and based on older functionality that’s no longer supported.

I have this PayPal module working on a basic theme used in production, but it’s on a 4.4.x version of the shop and, sorry to say, not interested in maintaining it. I would take Marco’s advise and just diff basic and azure in the 4.6.x version to find the differences. I don’t remember there being that many and maybe only 1 or 2 files affected. Even if the 4.4.x version was available, diff’n is probably easier than upgrading that far.

Ok thanks to all for teh help i will think about it

"guten Nacht und schlaft gut "

“good night and sleep well”

maybe we should move this in a short version in the german corner also but just translated

faithfully

serversponsor

can you add an solved in the topic ?

onyl one thing i lost my EUR Symbol in the front and backend template any idea ?

Hi,

[QUOTE=serversponsor;105467]
maybe we should move this in a short version in the german corner also but just translated[/QUOTE]

Sure. As soon as the same requests will come up. Or you just initially open up a post with this topic :wink:

[QUOTE=serversponsor;105467]
can you add an solved in the topic ?
[/QUOTE]

You mean set it to the status “resolved”? Unfortunately, not possible with this version of forum software. Also, this thread originally was tended to become a support thread for all requests, possible bugs etc. for the 6vCommerce Paypal module. In this manner, the thread isn’t resolved yet :wink:

Regards

Hi There good morning,

i got another question is it possible with the “6vC PayPal Basic Module” to create billing plans do i need to change much things or is it already created for that?

thanks alot for the answer…
faithfully

serversponsor

[QUOTE=serversponsor;106564]i got another question is it possible with the “6vC PayPal Basic Module” to create billing plans do i need to change much things or is it already created for that?[/QUOTE]

The basic module is intended to only support regular payments. The PayPal Extended Module has support for recurring billing but is not free.

If there were other community editions of such functionality, I would consider releasing the code, but presently this type of extension appears to come with a price tag. On the positive side, I think the price tag for the PayPal Extended Module is much lower than alternatives.

And of course, you can always extend the Basic module yourself. The basic module implements PayPal Express over NVP. Since NVP is the underlying API for all types of payments, the required mechanism is already there.