6vC PayPal Basic Module Support

This thread is to help support use of the 6vC PayPal Basic module.

As of this post, the latest version is available in GitHub under OXIDprojects:

Before asking any questions, please take a peek at the README (also available at the above link).

Now here’s a quick summary of what the module does:
[ul]
[li]Supports PayPal Express via NVP API
[/li][li]Supports PayPal IPN
[/li][li]Supports orders pending payment
[/li][li]Integrates into payment step of checkout
[/li][li]For support of recurring services you will need the Pro version (not OS)
[/li][/ul]

Enjoy the free code, but don’t forget to credit the original developer :slight_smile:

Latest version updated to work with CE 4.5.11.

Plans for next version:

• Update to 4.6
  • Clean out old code that supports PayPal Basic feature (no longer supported)
  • Replace custom PENDING order state with new built-in NOT_FINISHED state
  • Cache authorizations so if user makes changes to basket they do not need to return to paypal

Released v1.1.2:

• Updated to be compatible with 4.6.4 and well as 4.5.11.
  • Old code cleaned out.
  • Implemented extension metadata file for easier installs.

Hy spurvis,

thx for this module. Today i tested it and it works really nice :slight_smile:
Is it possible to get also the german language for this module?

best regards
Stefan

[QUOTE=sm;102935]
Is it possible to get also the german language for this module?
[/QUOTE]

It’s certainly possible if somebody volunteers to translate the English content in the attached file - would do it myself if I spoke German :stuck_out_tongue: . If there are any takers, I’ll update the module!

https://github.com/OXIDprojects/6vC-PayPal-Basic/tree/master/modules/v6c_merchantlink/out/lang

already added

Hi, I also tried it out, and it works pretty good. Installation was - for a non-profi like me - quite easy.

There is just one feature which I think could be improved: I’m afraid that some costumers will pay and then forget to complete their order afterwards. I had the same problem earlier, with my osc-shop: I received money, but not the order… :smiley:

But, besides this, I can recommend the module and want to say THANK YOU!
Best regards from Germany,
Tanja

[QUOTE=teigbaer;103795]There is just one feature which I think could be improved: I’m afraid that some costumers will pay and then forget to complete their order afterwards. I had the same problem earlier, with my osc-shop: I received money, but not the order… [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, the module prevents that issue altogether. The payment step is only for payment [B][I]authorizations[/I][/B]. If the user does not complete the order, the payment is never processed. So users must complete an order.

It’s probably not a bad idea to note this using the payment description field (set in admin back-end), that way it will be clear to customers when they select the payment method.

Ah, okay. I’ll place another test-order to check it (pay, but not complete the order), as I was already wondering whether the module works that way or not… -. Thanks for this information.
And yes, a text to inform costumers will probably be a good idea. :cool:

Hi thank you for the nice module :slight_smile:

but i got an error and need some help

i installed everything.

refreshed the views and so on

but if i want to make the paymenti only see a white page and in the browser adress field is only:

http://(MYDOMAIN) .de/index.php?cl=v6c_redirectpost&

(MY DOMAIN) = mydomain

4.6.5 49955 (CE)

could it be the version of the shop ?

API is activated and the link for the IPN is : http://(MY DOMAIN) /index.php?cl=v6c_hPayPalIpn&v6c_gateway=paypal

i tryed with ssl enabled in the module and without also

can you help me please

thanks alot

serversponsor

It wouldn’t have anything to do with IPN, as that’s not involved at this point.

Try checking the log file under the root log directory. There would be a v6c specific log file if there was a PayPal error. But even here, I doubt this is the problem as errors are reported during checkout.

I also doubt it’s the version update, the module should be pretty robust to minor updates.

Sounds like a configuration issue. I would double check basic things like: all files were uploaded to the server correctly, correct permissions, tmp directory dumped, server supports ssl, all paypal fields are entered correctly, etc.

Hi and thanks alot for the help

ssl was no in fuction correctly…

currently i only have the problem that my side comes up with

" Weiterleitung zum sicheren PayPal-Portal, um Zahlungsinformationen einzuholen…
Wenn Sie nicht innerhalb von 10 Sekunden weitergeleitet werden, können Sie den Button unten benutzen, um die Seite des sicheren PayPal-Portals manuell aufzurufen.
"

so it doesnt load the paypal info webside :frowning:

the logfile shows no error :frowning:

any idea whats going on ?

thanks alot

serversponsor

Hi serversponsor,

how shall @spurvis have an idea what’s going on as he cannot understand the error message…

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;105333]Hi serversponsor,

how shall @spurvis have an idea what’s going on as he cannot understand the error message…

Regards[/QUOTE]

Upps sorry

ok the message is " Forwarding to the secure PayPal site to pay to obtain information … " and it doesnt forward after 10 seconds :frowning:

no error logs

thx

serversponsor

Does it just not forward automatically, or does it even not forward you after pressing the mentioned button?

i cant see a forward button and it doesnt automaticly forward :frowning:

thx alot

serversponsor

did you try a different browser already?

hi Ray yes of course i tryed firefox , explorer, and so on :frowning:

thanks

Serversponsor

What happens if you press the button to force the re-direction (after 10sec)? Does it go to PayPal?

If you’ve made it this far, the page really “just” redirects. Communication with PayPal should already have been established if no errors occurred.

Can you check the html source code for the redirect page and post the <form> tag here, as well as everything within that tag. If everything worked, you should see a valid (ping-able) PayPal URL for the “action” attribute of the <form> tag.

Hi spurvis , and thank you for the help

i guess there might be a fault with the installation of the script wrong folder or so maybe

i cant see an re-direction button :frowning:

thanks

serversponsor