Australia - Adding in the country's States and Territories

Apparently the States and Territories were not added into the Australian segment in the new release of 4.10 so I am now looking at adding them in to the sql database, but without a lot of joy.

It appears that some of the abbreviations for the Country’s States and or Territories are for some reason duplicated. Some years ago I added the states in and found that they were conflicting with the American abbreviations. (Not sure how or why)

I would appreciate some help please. I was given the following code some years ago but I am not sure if it will work with 4.10.

After doing a backup I was told to Insert this SQL (sorry it says PhP)

INSERT INTO `oxstates` (`OXID`, `OXCOUNTRYID`, `OXTITLE`, `OXISOALPHA2`, `OXTITLE_1`, `OXTITLE_2`, `OXTITLE_3`) VALUES
('ACT', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Australian Capital Territory', 'ACT', 'Australian Capital Territory', '', ''),
('VIC', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Victoria', 'VIC', 'Victoria', '', ''),
('WA', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Western Australia', 'WA', 'Western Australia', '', ''),
('NT', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Northern Territory', 'NT', 'Northern Territory', '', ''),
('SA', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'South Australia', 'SA', 'South Australia', '', ''),
('TAS', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Tasmania', 'TAS', 'Tasmania', '', ''),
('NSW', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'New South Wales', 'NSW', 'New South Wales', '', ''),
('QLD', '8f241f11095410f38.37165361', 'Queensland', 'QLD', 'Queensland', '', '');

But like many things, with age one forgets and I have forgotten where exactly the code needs to be inserted. I tried a few spots but it did not take nor did it enable the state drop down menu in the OXID customer registration area.

Assistance please… :slight_smile:

Hi,

assistance is here.

In general: in admin area go to [B]Service[/B] -> [B]Tools[/B], paste the SQL into the textfield and start update.

Little problem: it will work except for WA (Western Australia) because there is already an OXID with WA for Washington in the database table [B]oxstates[/B].

Regards
Jürgen

Than ks Jurgen

Any suggestions? One workaround might be to delete Washington but as I want to cater to international customers, we really need the WA in for both.

Regards,

Don

Don,

just a quick shot: try to alter the existing oxID entry for Washington D.C. into something different like “WS” or so (if unique). Afterwards import AU provinces and check if both regions work for delivery.

As far as I remember, I tried to contribute AU states back then but failed because of this bug.

Regards

Thanks Marco,

I’ll try that as it seems reasonable and should not put off “Mrs Puddings” who comes from Washington State… :slight_smile:

Jurgen,

you suggested I attack mysql as follows:

In general: in admin area go to Service -> Tools, paste the SQL into the textfield and start update

however unless I am way off the mark, in which case I will start drinking again after 1 year, or there is confusion with translating titles. Attached is what I see when I look for settings etc.:confused:

I will make a backup and try inserting the code where there is a place to put it. (Lesson: php by errors learned):o

Hi,

I talked about the admin area of the shop, not the phpMyAdmin. But as I can see in the screenshot, there is already a data base row for “Australian Capital Territory”. So I don’t understand the problem at the moment. Maybe someone else can help.

Regards
Jürgen