Connecting Oxid to My Website

Hello,
I have a Joomla website that I would like to intregrate the Oxid Shopping cart with. I setup a seperate databse and everything installed fine, but how to I have it show up in my website? Do I create a link to oxid? I must mention I did not install Oxid in my root folder of my site but created a folder called oxid (in my root directory) and ftp everything there. No all I need for it to show in my website.
Thanks

Hi,

that’s mostly a matter of taste…
Some people simply set a link on their home page to the shop system, others use the same header for both systems.

Regards

[QUOTE=Designfrog;33699]Hello,
I have a Joomla website that I would like to intregrate the Oxid Shopping cart with. I setup a seperate databse and everything installed fine, but how to I have it show up in my website? Do I create a link to oxid? I must mention I did not install Oxid in my root folder of my site but created a folder called oxid (in my root directory) and ftp everything there. No all I need for it to show in my website.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi,

we are finishing our module to integrate each CMS in OXID (i hope it will be ready in the next 2 weeks). If you are interested just contact us.

A live-demo could be found here http://www.wein-saale-unstrut.de/wein-informationen/winzer.html (the whole navigation and content of the extra sites are rendered by TYPO3).

joscha let me know when this is finished, really looking forward to that one.

Jaroslav Spacek(born February 11, 1974, in Rokycany, Czechoslovakia),Montreal Canadiens #6 spacek red authentic nhl jersey. is a Czech professional ice hockey defenceman who currently plays for the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL).On July 5, 2006, Špaček signed a three-year contract with the Buffalo Sabres. In the 2006–07 season, Spacek helped the Sabres reach the Eastern Conference Finals. Špaček was named an alternate captain for the month of December 2007 and captain for the month of January under the Sabres 2007–08 rotating captain and alternate captains system. In the 2008–09 season, Špaček tied a career-high with 45 points in 80 games for the Sabres.On July 1, 2009, Spacek signed a three-year contract worth $11.5 million with the Montreal Canadiens.

To integrate the OXID shopping cart with your Joomla website, you’ll need to create a link or embed the OXID content within your Joomla site. Here’s a general guideline on how you can achieve this:

1. Determine the OXID installation URL: Since you’ve installed OXID in a separate folder called “oxid” in your root directory, the OXID installation URL might be something like:

2. Decide on the integration method:
    a. Link to OXID: You can create a link in your Joomla website’s navigation or content that points to the OXID installation URL. This will redirect users to the OXID shopping cart in a new tab or window.
    b. Embed OXID within Joomla: If you want to display the OXID shopping cart within your Joomla website, you’ll need to embed the OXID pages or components into Joomla pages. This requires some custom development work, including modifying Joomla templates and incorporating OXID templates or modules.

3. Linking to OXID:
    a. In your Joomla administration panel, go to the page or menu item where you want to create the link to OXID.
    b. Create a new menu item or edit an existing one, depending on your Joomla version and setup.
    c. In the menu item configuration, find the “Link” or “URL” field and enter the OXID installation URL
    d. Save the menu item and test the link on your Joomla website. Clicking on it should take users to the OXID shopping cart.

4. Embedding OXID within Joomla (requires custom development):
    a. Consult the OXID documentation or community resources for guidance on embedding OXID components or modules into external websites.
    b. Identify the OXID templates or modules that you want to include in your Joomla site.
    c. Customize your Joomla template files to incorporate the necessary OXID code, CSS, and JavaScript to render the OXID components.
    d. Modify Joomla module positions or create new module positions to accommodate OXID elements.
    e. Test the integration to ensure proper functionality and styling.

Keep in mind that embedding OXID within Joomla may require advanced web development skills, as it involves modifying templates and integrating code from two different systems. If you’re not comfortable with this level of customization, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a Joomla developer or an OXID expert to ensure a smooth integration.

Remember to always take proper backups and test any modifications on a staging or development environment before applying them to your live website.

For more information check this: