Connexpert.ca

Connexpert.ca - Cables & Adapters (in Canada)

Still needs a little translation work, but mostly finished. Additions/customizations include:

• Support for linked payment gateways
  • Support for retrieving shipping costs from a web service
  • Mod to tax calcs to fit North American standards (including support for multiple & regional taxes)
  • Support for content listing (as opposed to article listing), named Knowledge Base on website.

PS. Will release, in the near future, a module to support North American standards (taxes, addresses, etc.) under GPL. Will post on Extensions page once it’s available. A module to support [I]linked[/I] merchants (PayPal included by default) will also come available, again under GPL.

Any feedback is welcome!

That’s awesome, man! :slight_smile:

As one of my best mates is a Canuck, I might help with translations. I am just curious, couldn’t just register myself because of strange (for me) postal code requirements:

• how did you adapt and check the address codes?
  • how did you bring the $-sign in front of the value without a space?
  • Mod to tax calcs to fit North Ami standards (incl. support of PST and GST)

PS. Will release, in the near future, a module to support North American standards (taxes, addresses, etc.) under GPL. Will post on Extensions page once it’s available. A module to support linked merchants (PayPal included by default) will also come available, again under GPL.

Sounds like … yeeehaaa :slight_smile:
Of course, you’ll get any of my help. Please feel free to talk to me via PM.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;66085]
couldn’t just register myself because of strange (for me) postal code requirements:
[/QUOTE]

That has been changed in the NorthAmerica (NA) module I made. NA mod will accept any codes. On connexpert.ca, it only accepts valid Canadian codes. For example, H4R 2X3 is a valid Quebec code it you just need something to try registering. Eventually, I’ll allow international orders on connexpert.ca also.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;66085]

• how did you adapt and check the address codes?
  • how did you bring the $-sign in front of the value without a space?
  • Mod to tax calcs to fit North Ami standards (incl. support of PST and GST)
    [/QUOTE]

These were all just simple overrides to core & controller functions using the OXID supplied ‘module’ mechanism. Can take a look under the hood once I release the NA-mod. All-in-all, however, getting rid of all the crazy tax stuff you guys do in Europe was the hardest part to figure out.

Well designed indeed, if I were you I would try to make the image thumbnails a little bigger, I have hard time seeing the image unless of course I click on it, I don’t know, up to you. Good work.