[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;132799]the admin has to do it = me :)[/QUOTE]

Ok, go for it. Some action must be taken. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;132799]Suomi?[/QUOTE]

fi_FI
Suomeksi

Could you also pls change @ the same time: hr to hr_HR

Thanks.

Hi sieg01,

got some requests/annotations as we shall follow some rules with that. And yes, I know that rules can be different in different cultures :slight_smile:

First is the locale. Your write: please change it to hr_HR and initialize fi_FI. I would have installed just fi regarding to the norm Zend framework gives to us:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/1.12/en/zend.locale.appendix.html

Finnish is spoken in Finland as a main language as well as in southern Sweden and Russia by minorities. Instead of dividing it from the beginning, I’d rather use fi for general Finnish language, copy it later in case some terms are different in order to get the translations done for the entire language. Can you agree with it?

Please know that installing this language is actually an easy thing but rewriting the locale takes a bit more effort (folders will be generated by this, still manual work to do etc…)

Next is the name of this language. “Suomen kieli” is the name I found in Wikipedia (see right hand side at the top). This article is translated into “Suomi” with the tool tip “Suomen kieli”. You write “Suomeksi”. What is right? :slight_smile:

And dear - I saw that you were hell busy last night and this morning translating nearly 750 keys into Hrvatsi (Croatian). This is very much, thanks a lot!

Cheers

Hi Marco,

to make it short: Go with fi and Suomi, let hr as it is.

You didn’t term the others “deutsche Sprache” or “English language” or “hrvatski jezik” … on your HP.
So, “Suomen kieli” = “finnische Sprache” - don’t use that. :wink:

As there is de_in I would suggest that one day, you should also provide hr_in for the same reasons as de_in exists.

All the best

sieg01

Hi,

diddly done. You’re already assigned :wink:

Cheers!