How to remove Shoplupe?

if you don’t understand the OXID template system, there is a module on github to deactivate shoplupe or trustedshops

Ha Ha,
I have downloaded this file and tried to use it and I am so stupid I cannot fix the problem with this gift either. I really need help

VT,

Apologies for not answering your question.
For Newbies it gets confusing with the influx of answers sometimes plus there is a time delay between AU and DE allowing the Newbie to be creative and sometimes go where no human should.

This said, I completly lost the plot and gave up on that installation and deleted it. I then re-installed the CE Zip again and vowed not to mess to much without first saving a backup.

This said, I still need detailed destructions on how to get rid of the Shoplupe and Trusted Shops. When you say to open sidebar.tpl and search for “shoplupe”, how to do I get to the right sidebar.tpl and or where do I find it. Once I find it what do I do then. Everything has consequences so I am worried about pressing delete buttons without firm instructions or should I say destructions.

in a newly installed shop there should be only one sidebar.tpl:
application/views/azure/tpl/layout/sidebar.tpl

these *.tpl file are calles "templates"
to hide something in a template, you need to uncomment it, like this:
before:

<h1>something you want to hide</h1>

after:

[b][{*[/b]<h1>something you want to hide</h1>[b]*}][/b]

this way it will disappear from your site.

in your case you want to uncomment lines 69 - 73

[b][{*[/b]
    [{block name="sidebar_shopluperatings"}]
        [{if $oView->getClassName() eq "start"}]
           [{include file="widget/shoplupe/ratings.tpl" }]
        [{/if}]
    [{/block}]
[b]*}][/b]

after saving the file, you need to clear tmp/smarty/ folder

Thanks for that definitive instruction on how to remove the SHOPLUPE gizmo. I have applied the same logic to remove TRUSTED SHOPS and apart from a formatting issue, which I will learn how to address one day, the TRUSTED SHOPS reference is also now gone.