I can not setup thousand separator by Japanese currency

Hello,

If possible please let me know, thanks. I set up Japanese currency,

[name]@[rate]@[decimal separator]@[thousand separator]@[symbol]@[decimal precision]

[email protected]@ @ ,@ 円@ 2

I think that this is correct, however it can not display “thousand separator” that
12345,67890円

I would like to display thoussand separator looks like 123,456円
because, Japanese currency not use “decimal separator”.

My OXID is 4.5.6_40808 and PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 at Debian

Yours,
Kazu Hodota

Konban wa!

Should be working like this:

[email protected]@.@ ,@円@0

If you do not use decimals and do not want to show them, maybe you need to adjust some functionality inside price and tax calculation, perhaps even in templates.

Danke. Thank you.

This format is correct at Japanese OXID eShop site now which site name is www.wasoubi.com that Japanese traditional Kimono ware and goods.

Also, Japanese VAT is 5% which decimal is truncation. However, I guess OXID calculate VAT round off or something. Is it possbile to change to decimal truncation at VAT calculate?

Thank you support.

Kazu Hodota

[QUOTE=Hebsacker;80133]Konban wa!

Should be working like this:

[email protected]@.@ ,@円@0

If you do not use decimals and do not want to show them, maybe you need to adjust some functionality inside price and tax calculation, perhaps even in templates.[/QUOTE]

no guarantees - but you could test this one:

got to core/oxutils.php an search

return round($sVal + $dprez, $iCurPrecision);

change to:

return round($sVal + $dprez, 0);

Thank you for your support, and this change core/oxutils.php was not correct work that same as round, not decimal truncate… we have to find another approach… danke.

Cheers,
Kazu Hodota

Hello Kazu,

could you check the collation of your database and of all tables? IMO everything must be set to UTF-8.

Regards

Hello Marco,

I installed OXID at utf-8 options and also create Mysql database by utf-8, and I will also check database condtions ny phpmyadmin. And Iwill check this changed core PHP file at another OXID environment. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kazu Hodota

Hello Marco,

I checked my OXID environment and I think it is UTF-8 that check phpmyadmin screenshot, link here

and I think this config

// UTF-8 mode in shop 0 - off, 1 - on
/* $this->iUtfMode = ‘<iUtfMode>’; */
$this->iUtfMode = 1;

I think database is UTF-8…

Cheers,
Kazu Hodota

Its working for me when setting the currency like I have written above - see screenshot.

Hello Hebsacker,

Thank you for your screenshot and this Japanese currency format is working correctly at my OXID site, however I can not VAT calculation by truncation format. OXID default is round format.

Also, my OXID install at first v 4.5.0 and update to v 4.5.6 and I do not know config.inc.php file is
correctly by update process. Is it okay ? If possible, please let me know. Danke.

Cheers,
Kazu Hodota

For better understanding your problem - could you indicate in an example, what is wrong with VAT? With a sample calculation and/or a screenshot?

config should be ok when the update has finished without any errors.

Hello

I changed PHP round functions to floor functions at oxutils.php now, and I guess working it.

/* return round($sVal + $dprez * ( $sVal >= 0 ? 1 : -1 ), $iCurPrecision); */
return floor($sVal);

In this case, VAT calculation is, the decimal point is suppressed, and it’s use only
Japanese customers in Japan.

Also I think that I have to check many checks at OXID eShop…

Cheers,

Kazu Hodota