Issue with Language change

Hi OxidFamily,

Recently i have upgrade our website from 4.10 to 6. Everyihing looks good but when i change the language from german to english using the langauge Icon the text descrption which i have for the products are disappering. I have checked the language files, all files are properly placed and have UTF-8 encoding. I have also activated the english language in admin panel.

can anyone help me with this? I have attached the pictures of our shop for understanding.

Shop under german language>>

Shop under english language>>

Hey @mik1,

these values do not belong to the language files. Entries for title and short description can be found in the database oxarticles => title/title_1 - depending on what is your main language. Look it up in the database if you can find something irregular :wink:

1 Like

Please check if you have add an english text into the product description field. See screenshots below.

1 Like

hello @marco.steinhaeuser , Thanks for the help. Now, I found the issue. OXTitle1 and OXDescription columns which stores details in english are empty. Because beacuse in the old shop when a product is added our team did not added the english title, and description for the product

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, mate!

1 Like

we have not added english descrption for the products. This is the reason it is not showing the description in english. Thanks for the information @indianer3c.

By the way is there any way to translate the product description automatically to english, like google translator Because we have around 50k products. so adding english descrption to all of them will be a big work.

1 Like

Can’t recommend that at all. Automated translations will more likely kill your conversions. There are professional translators out there to offer interfaces :wink:

1 Like

there are also several commercial databases, that offer you product data in different languages. If you sell common stuff like smartphones, car parts, electronics etc, you could get all the needed data from such databases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.