Major update from 4.8.7 to 6.0.5 - Queries

Hi Team,

I was having 4.8.7 PE and I have upgraded it to 4.10.8 CE but now I want to upgrade it to 6.0.5. Thereafter, I refer the documentation and few questions are roaming around my head. Please help me in clarifying my queries/doubts.

1. we have 2 config files in source directory - config.inc.php.dist and config.inc.php. I understand config.inc.php but I don`t understand the other config.dist file.
  2. There are 2 sql files - migrate_YOUR_EDITION_5_3_to_6_0.sql and migrate_YOUR_EDITION_5_3_to_6_0_cleanup.sql. Should I have to run these queries one after the other OR after executing first command >> run both commands: vendor/bin/oe-eshop-db_migrate migrations:migrate and then execute the final query.

Thank you,
Mark

config.inc.php.dist is a template file to generate config.inc.php and fill up with values from manuelly setup process in the browser

1 Like

Thank you. Any idea on second one??

Documentation says,

In order to do update the database the update, you have to

1. Use your OXID eShop 4.10 / 5.3 database as a starting point for this update.
  2. Execute the migrate_YOUR_EDITION_5_3_to_6_0.sql and migrate_YOUR_EDITION_5_3_to_6_0_cleanup.sql files described in the following (have in mind, that cleanup file will delete data, so SQL file contents must be checked before executing).
  3. Run database migrations in OXID eShop 6 via the command:

vendor/bin/oe-eshop-db_migrate migrations:migrate

1. Generate database views in OXID eShop 6 via the command:

vendor/bin/oe-eshop-db_views_generate

I am confused between first and second point because when i execute the migrate query on oxid4.10.8 db, it is getting executed but when I run the migration command, it says “No MIgration to execute”. Any advice/help??

Does this mean, do we have to delete oxid6 db and then import existing shop 4.10.x db ?? Then should we proceed with further steps??

I have gone through this process, and yes you have to delete the oxid6 database, then import your old database into oxid6 (now emptied) database. then run migrations.

Then after that delete the configurations of the modules from database with this query

delete from oxconfig where oxvarname in ('aModulesHistory','aModuleVersions','sUtilModule','aDisabledModules','aLegacyModules','aModuleFiles','aModulePaths','aModules','aModuleTemplates');

Or you can just simply follow this link: Admin Panel and Shop Frontend Giving localhost 500 error

1 Like

Thanks a lot Mr. Mohsin :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.