Problems with writing a text for the news

Hey there,
I had a friend create a website for me and my shop. Of course, now he is so busy that he can’t help me anymore and I am left alone with a website system that I have no idea yet how it works and there are some things that simply don’t work.

If I am writing some news for my “home” section, I would of course like to insert pictures, links and make some words bold, underlined… the normal stuff.
However, I have a tool list to do all this on the site (same applies by the way for the customer-information text boxes) but it doesn’t work at all.
If I mark a link as a link it does not show as a link on the actual website, also it doesn’t show bold words in bold and I don’t even know how this picture-inserting-thing is supposed to work.

I would even - if this is easier and simpler, go back to simply write in html but I also don’t know how to do this D:

If anybody can help I would be really happy - thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome,

could you provide us with a bit more details, like edition, version, theme etc. do you use, please? Maybe also a link or at least a screen shot what exactly doesn’t work would be very helpful.

Regards