Rounding errors in price calculation

Have a look at this basket: (I have added translations for the slovak text)

As you can see the sum of products with VAT field shows 39.27 while the final price is 39.03. This is because the final price is 32.8*1.19 while the first field is the sum of all the product’s prices which already contain VAT.

In theory both values are ok more or less (one is more precise), but legally I think this could cause problems (also financially as the the client pays the lower price). Basically final price doesn’t match the sum of all the products, which is a problem.

Hello Sandor.

I see your point.
Do you know how and where to enter a bug?

Regards

[[email protected];19167]Have a look at this basket: (I have added translations for the slovak text)

As you can see the sum of products with VAT field shows 39.27 while the final price is 39.03. This is because the final price is 32.8*1.19 while the first field is the sum of all the product’s prices which already contain VAT.

In theory both values are ok more or less (one is more precise), but legally I think this could cause problems (also financially as the the client pays the lower price). Basically final price doesn’t match the sum of all the products, which is a problem.[/QUOTE]
A quick and dirty solution would be, to display in the template the [B]same [/B]data-field for “sum of products (with VAT)” and “Final price”…

It will internally still be wrong (and must be fixed), but at least you get your correct money, and the client is not confused…

Most likely this needs to be changed also in the order confirmation eMail.

No, please point me to page