Selection list "Save In Language" problem

Hello

I have two problems with Selection lists in Oxid CE 4.6.2 (and others):

1. In Admin: Fields in Selection list defined in one language are not saved to another language when using “Save In Language x” .

2. In frontend: Once a version of product from offered Selection list is put in the cart there is no notation of which version of product a customer has selected. This info is “hidden” during whole checkout process. A customer can see the chosen version of product only after checkout in Order history.

Any ideas?

Bye
Marko

Hello Marko,

the selection lists contain a name (e.g. color) for the list itself and the values (red, blue, green) of this list. The name itself is multilingual as the values aren’t.

As for the front end, it smells like a bug:
https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=4931

BTW: have you tried to turn selection lists into variants? In most use cases this is the better choice anyway I believe…

Regards

Hi Marco

I agree with you but if copying of Selection lists fields would be possible there would be less typing (and less typing errors) since surcharge value, surcharge type and sorting mostly remains the same and one would have only to translate the name of the field. Anyway it’s not a big problem.

Thanks for adding the second one in Oxid bugtrack.

Bye
Marko