Unable to write to .htaccess

I was trying to redirect a domain under construction to a different functioning domain but got an error message.

In cPanel 11 there is a section called “Domains” and in there, redirect www. see image.

But I get the error that there is an htaccess file error.

Can someone suggest how I can fix this problem or what I might do next to redirect the domain?

Thanks

Don

Reckon the .htaccess file is not set as “writable” in your host for user www-data. Do you have access to the terminal (console/command line) of this server by chance?

Regards

Hey Marco,

Access to the cPanel is pretty limited and the business support types, try as they do, find supporting our favourite template difficult. I checked on additional access rights and got rejected. A friend of mine who looks after the Flinder’s Uni Servers has also tried helping but got frustrated with the hosting platform. He asked me,"…If you can sort out SSH access (that is, command line access, not FTP) with ISP, we might have a chance."

Not to worry. The world is full of workarounds. I have a new question so I will start another thread.