I’m trying to update a customers oxid shop from version 4.4.8 to 4.8.3 and started with the cumulative update package 4.4.8 to 4.6.8 but it seems to fail in the beginning.
I have to admit that I’m relatively new to the oxid shop system but I read the documentation and the guides about how to update.
Here are the steps I did during the whole update process:
- The database and the shop folder have been copied to my own server in order to create a safe sandbox for the update.
- The config.inc.php file has been adapted to the new environment
- The shop has been roughly tested to ensure that everything still works
- According to the update guide the content of “copy_this” (from the update package) has been copied to the root folder of the shop.
- The config file has been adapted again to match the new version from the “changed_full” folder.
- The new .htaccess file from “changed_full” has been copied to the root folder
- The “updateApp” folder has been copied to the shop folder
- The update has been started vie <sitename>/updateApp
Right after starting the update the first error appeared:
Error: script did not finish successfully.
Please check oxupdatetrack database table for executed actions.
The “oxupdatetrack” table has one entry with the following data:
oxtime: timestamp when the update started
oxdata: BLOB with content “i:0;”
It seems like the update has a problem with the theme.
I noticed that my customer uses an modified theme called “stemp_theme” which is being set in the old config file using:
$this->sTheme = ‘stemp_theme’;
A similar line was missing in the new config file so I added it manually.
Additionally I checked the log/EXCEPTION_LOG.txt file which has many entries. For example the first exception points out that a table is missing a column:
oxConnectionException-oxException (time: 2014-02-13 05:45:18): : mysql error: [1054: Unknown column ‘oxmodule’ in
’where clause’] in EXECUTE (select oxvarname, oxvartype, DECODE( oxvarvalue, ‘fq45QS09_fqyx09239QQ’) as oxvarvalue fro
m oxconfig where oxshopid = ‘oxbaseshop’ and oxmodule=’’ , ) with user chris
Which could mean that the database has not been altered correctly during the update.
I also noticed when I reload the updateApp page several times that suddenly the update catches up and starts to continue. Somehow it’s even possible to complete the update until the end but when I try to open the site it tells me that the shop is offline. A logon to the admin backend is also not possible.
Any ideas what I could try next?