Where can I change basket session for not logged user

Hi,

I want to increase the time of keeping items in the cart for a non-logged in user. By default is about 1h (after this time when i refresh page articles are gone). I tried to change php.ini “session.cache_expire” but it doesn’t work at all.

I’m using OXID 6.2.3

Hello Marcin_H,

The parameter you mentioned, ‘session.cache_expire’, is not the appropriate one for managing session duration in PHP.

Instead, you should look at increasing the value of ‘session.gc_maxlifetime’. You can find more details about this parameter on the official PHP documentation site at this link: PHP Manual: Session Configuration

However, please be aware that increasing this parameter will also increase the number of simultaneous active sessions. This could become an issue if your system is handling a large number of users at the same time.

In case your system is indeed managing a high number of concurrent users, you might want to consider utilizing an in-memory database, like Redis, to store session data. This can help maintain system performance even with many active sessions.

Have a good one!

Thank you for your quick response. I tried with ‘session.gc_maxlifetime’ as well but I doesn’t seen any differences with basket articles existence.

I set:
|session.gc_divisor ->|1000||1000|
|session.gc_maxlifetime|60|60| - (just for test)
|session.gc_probability|1000|1000|

Expected result should be that on every session start gc_maxlifetime is 60sec and after 1min basket should be cleared. Unfortunately it is not :confused:

Do mean

Admin → Private Sales → Cart Expiration

?

No. Cart Expiration is a different thing.

Thanks

Setting in session::_sessionStart()

$allowed_inactive_periode = 120; //in minutes

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', $allowed_inactive_periode);

ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', $allowed_inactive_periode);