New password request

if customer requests forgoten password the sytem sends empty email. there is no new password given which you could enter instead of a forgotten one. Is this how it should be?

Hi,

the system shall not send an empty e-mail neither a (clear) password. What you shell get is a link to your shop where you can change your password.

Regards

I get no link. All there is 2 lines “–” and generic message from cms pages. Is the a way to correct it?

Hi,

I got it: The correct translation is missing. Pls. use this one (or similar) for oxupdatepassinfoemail:

Hello [{ $user->oxuser__oxsal->value }] [{ $user->oxuser__oxfname->value }] [{ $user->oxuser__oxlname->value }],
<br /><br />
follow this link to generate a new password for [{ $shop->oxshops__oxname->value }]:
<br /><br />
<a href="[{ $oViewConf->getBaseDir() }]index.php?cl=forgotpwd&uid=[{ $user->getUpdateId() }]〈=[{ $oViewConf->getActLanguageId() }]&shp=[{ $shop->oxshops__oxid->value }]">[{ $oViewConf->getBaseDir() }]index.php?cl=forgotpwd&uid=[{ $user->getUpdateId()}]〈=[{ $oViewConf->getActLanguageId() }]&shp=[{ $shop->oxshops__oxid->value }]</a>
<br /><br />
You can use this link within the next [{ $user->getUpdateLinkTerm()/3600 }] hours.
<br /><br />
Your [{ $shop->oxshops__oxname->value }] team
<br />

or rather for oxupdatepassinfoplainemail:

Hello [{ $user->oxuser__oxsal->value }] [{ $user->oxuser__oxfname->value }] [{ $user->oxuser__oxlname->value }],

follow this link to generate a new password for [{ $shop->oxshops__oxname->value }]Ю

[{ $oViewConf->getBaseDir() }]index.php?cl=forgotpwd&uid=[{ $user->getUpdateId()}]〈=[{ $oViewConf->getActLanguageId() }]&shp=[{ $shop->oxshops__oxid->value }]

You can use this link within the next [{ $user->getUpdateLinkTerm()/3600 }] hours.

Your [{ $shop->oxshops__oxname->value }] team

Regards

https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=1048

I have done it according to your instruction and it seemed to be working for a while but now every time I request a forgotten password I get this massage "Password update page expired. Please use the Forgot Password function again. " Any idea why this keeps happening?

Hi,

yes, because you probably used the pw-forgotten function more than once. However, the latest version of the e-mail shall work :wink:

Regards

To be absolutelly sure I have created a brend new account but the result is the same. When I click on the link I get the same error "Password update page expired. Please use the Forgot Password function again. "

Hi,

as I said - that happens if you use this function more than once. The latest version of the sent email works. You may want to try that out in our demoshop:

Best