Search in variants

Hi
In version 4.6.5 there was a file oxsearch where I could change that when i search products it parent products and in variants (cutting mysql text with parentid)

Where I can find this function i 4.7.0 to change it?

1 Like

Hi Pawel,

looks like oxsearch went to /application/models/

Regards

Hi Marco
I found it
I change
$sSelect .= " and {$sArticleTable}.oxparentid = ‘’ and {$sArticleTable}.oxissearch = 1 ";
to
$sSelect .= " and {$sArticleTable}.oxissearch = 1 ";

and now i can search in variants :wink: Maybe someone will use it like me :wink:

Nice :slight_smile:
But: by default it is not switched on because it can lead to performance issues - depending on your configuration of course.

Regards

Ok.
marco in my shop i wanted to search by title of product. I have names like this
Parent product
Model 105

wariants
Model 105 brown
Model 105 yellow
etc

How can I serch in variants titles or maybe in wariants names without those changes?

Hello,

I might need to make the change for my store to search for variants.

Do anyone know if that change impacts the frontend searchs?? or just the backend searchs?? or both??

Regards,

Hi klapen,

this solution is for front end search.

Regards

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the help now I am able to search the variants in the front end. Is there any way to search the variant at the admin panel as well? if possible can you tell me exactly which file i have to make changes to?

Thanks,
Emran

8 Years later :wink:

2 Likes

@Emran, is this reply by @rubbercut (many :heart:) answer enough, can you use automatic translation?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Suche in Varianten

Yeah Sure, Danke @marco.steinhaeuser

Thank you for the help :smiley: @rubbercut

Please try to stick to one language, either EN or DE, in a thread even if there’s a link to a post in the other one. Swapping languages within a single thread is most likely disturbing for those who only know one of them. Closing this thread; please use this for German: Suche in Varianten