Your opinion about connecting OXID to different marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay etc

Hi OXID Community,

This is Roman. I would be very interested in your opinion on a topic that I have been dealing with for a long time: connecting OXID to different marketplaces like Amazon, eBay etc.

I am working for magnalister, the leading provider for marketplace interfaces in Germany. As the Head of Support I am receiving several customer requests as well as opinions from shop operators and developers. Since we are currently not offering an interface for OXID, I would like to get a closer insight of whether there is a need for a software solution like magnalister in the OXID community.

As a first step, I already contacted your community manager Marco in order to get to know if marketplace interfaces have already been requested in this board. However, to get insights towards that topic, he recommended to approach you guys personally.

I would be super happy and thankful, if you would take some minutes to participate in the short survey down below. Your results will play a major role in deciding if we, magnalister, will develop a marketplace interface for OXID too. One thing is for sure: if the results show that there is no demand, it is not worthwhile for us to release the plugin for OXID. If you wish for a plugin solution with a huge variety of features concerning automation of product listing and order management for marketplaces, we will definitely consider releasing an OXID interface.

Before you jump right into the survey, I would like to inform you, how magnalister is already creating value for shop operators today:

• magnalister connects many German and international online-marketplace (like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Rakuten, real,de METRO, idealo and more) to online stores

• We are steadily improving our marketplace interface portfolio. Currently, we are working on a Otto.de interface for Germany and a Walmart integration for the US

• Main feature “Product-Upload”: Upload items with just a few clicks directly from the online store to the marketplace

• Main Features “Inventory and Price Synchronization”: Synchronize inventory levels between shop and marketplaces and transmit prices automatically or individually (per marketplace)

• Main Features: “Order Import & Order Status Updates”: Import orders from the marketplace and transmit order status changes (e.g. “shipped” including tracking code) to marketplaces automatically

• Main feature: “Attributes Matching”: Match product variants and features with the marketplace attributes

• The magnalister interface can also be individualized via Hook-Points

So now it would be great if you could answer the following questions:

1. Are you already using one or several interface(s) to connect marketplaces to OXID?

• Yes, I am already using one interface
  • Yes, I am using several interfaces
  • No, so far I have not used any interface

0 voters

2. Are you satisfied with your current marketplace connector?

• Yes, I am more than satisfied
  • I am satisfied but I would also consider switching to another provider if that one is offering more functions
  • No, I am not satisfied

0 voters

3. Are there marketplaces for you that cannot be connected to OXID yet via existing connectors?

• Yes, a few connections are missing
  • Yes, I would like to connect far more marketplaces to OXID
  • No, I am not missing any connections

0 voters

4. Are the currently used marketplace connectors already covering all the functions you need?

• Yes, I am satisfied with the scope of functions of my marketplace connector
  • The scope of functions of my connector could be substantially bigger
  • My connector is covering far too few, important functions

0 voters

5. Concerning the magnalister feature “Product-Upload”: On a scale from 1 (I do not need it) to 5 (I definitely need it) - how important is this feature for you?

0 voters

6. With regards to the magnalister feature “Inventory and Price Comparison”: On a scale from 1 (I do not need it) to 5 (I definitely need it) - how important is this feature for you?

0 voters

7. Considering the magnalister feature “Order Import & Order Status Updates”: On a scale from 1 (I do not need it) to 5 (I definitely need it) - how important is this feature for you?

0 voters

8. Concerning the magnalister feature “Attributes Matching”: On a scale from 1 (I do not need it) to 5 (I definitely need it) - how important is this feature for you?

0 voters

Thank you very much for your participation! If you have any questions to the topic, do not hesitate to text me or to approach Marco, so that he can establish the contact.

Best regards,
Roman

Hi Roman,

I have been approached by ebay Australia to try an ebay store for 6 months without charge, which is a great offer however I do not have the manpower to operate such a store manually and would have been looking for a module if there was one available. It appears from your forward that there isn’t one currently.
I answered your questionnaire as best as I could and would suggest you add an option, “Not Applicable” so that those of us who do not have any modules to connect to the outside world, don’t corrupt your survey.

Another point, if you did make such a module, your English would need to be adjusted so that it was able to match up with the Australia wording on ebay etc.

Thanks for this opportunity. Feel free to correspond with me on this matter if you think I can be useful.

Kind regards,

Don

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.